Recent content by mkawa

1. M

Airpods Pro 2

i'm having some trouble with connectivity between my pixel 7 and the APP2. audio will cut out after 5m or so of playback. android thinks it is outputting audio, but the buds are silent. if I disconnect and reconnect, I get another 5m. anyone experiencing similar with android 12?
  2. M

Airpods Pro 2

yah, i'm not sure how successful measurements of the app2 are going to be. my partner is now test driving the app2s and she says she can actually hear the adaptive eq changing modes in response to external sound etc. the algorithm may not have that many parameters, but unless we know how to...
  3. M

Airpods Pro 2

iphone/ipad. i don't see the option on my laptop.
  4. M

Airpods Pro 2

FYI airpods have a seal check as well (so does bose app)
  5. M

Airpods Pro 2

i just got in a pair of these and the bose qc earbuds II last week and am baking them off against each other. first impressions are that the bose have a _much_ better seal, as they have a seal both on the ear canal and the outer ear. experience in the office with ANC is that the QC EB II beat...
  6. M

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

@SMSL-Mandy I purchased mine through hifi-express. who should i email to arrange repair through the US facility? thanks!
  7. M

Genelec 8040 vs 8030 vs Neumann KH 120

I did an in home with the 8030s and then a bake off with the 8040s for my home office setup. That setup was space constrained, so I went with the 8040 to get a bit more low end extension without having to fit a subwoofer. Make no mistake though, if you want extension to bass or sub bass, you...
  8. M

Genelec 8040 vs 8030 vs Neumann KH 120

Went with 8040 for home office because it has less need for a sub than 8030s. That said, if you want full range sound, you need a sub, and if you have a sub, the upper mid and upper fr of the 8030 and 8040 are indistinguishable
  9. M

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

i got an absolutely insane price on a pair of demos and am blown away by these, even more than in my listening sessions. my girlfriend and I thinking they do need a sub to really fill out the sound, but i do like the way GLM chases flat response regardless. the analog in is also so good that...
  10. M

Any reasonable on-wall speakers out there?

axiom m3 on walls should fit perfectly https://www.axiomaudio.com/m3-on-wall-speaker
  11. M

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

i listened to the focal trio in an A B against the 8351 with a GLM curve and felt the trio had further bass extension but was not more accurate on my reference recordings compared to an EQ'd hd650 or hd800s. I'm going to go for the 1s, and it's not an if but a when.
  12. M

SBAF getting an APx555

AP and klippel marketing staff are probably going to have a hard time convincing management that a donation to an internet forum without named recognition or programmer advertisement is a good thing to do
  13. M

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

yes, the marketing materials should have been changed. i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they changed the engineers changed the bom without notifying marketing. it's a small operation like you guys. m500 will be difficult to upgrade. from amir's teardown (deep in the forum...
Top Bottom