Recent content by mj30250

1. M

How Much Subwoofer Is Enough?

It's a dial on the plate amp that progressively applies cuts to the low bass to account for different room sizes / boundary gain. Leaving it at large provides the native response of the sub with no attenuation. I believe going all the way to small results in a 12dB cut.
  2. M

Well, it's flat in the audible range. Better? :) And I did experiment with the room size control set to small, which flattens the LF response. I couldn't tease out any appreciable differences for music. Two more 21" subs for the nearfield? Yes! A bit tricky to sneak into the house, though.
  3. M

You and my wife both. If you're referring to the sub-bass rise, that's primarily room gain. I can flatten it easily enough via the "room size" control on the back of the sub, which applies a progressive LF cut to attenuate room gain. I prefer it this way for movies and it doesn't have any real...
  4. M

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

If you aren't compensating for the increased listening distance by spacing out the speakers further, this isn't surprising.
  5. M

M106 distortion

I assume you are listening to the original Joe Walsh track. If so, yes, the guitar is heavily distorted by design, buy beyond that there is significant clipping in the right channel and this generates a crackling type of sound. It's inherent to the track, there's likely nothing wrong with the...
  6. M

Well, curiosity got the better of me and I ordered dual PSA TV2112Ms. Here is where they ended up after positioning and running through Audyssey: Why yes, we now have extension flat to below 9Hz in-room. Yikes! Unfortunately, I don't have any practical means to switch between the 15"...
  7. M

So this was pestering me somewhat as the F226Bes had, subjectively speaking, what I would describe as the "smoothest" midrange / lower treble I've ever heard in a speaker that I've owned. Another member already mentioned the increase in edge reflections / sound power with the F206 around the...
  8. M

I've owned the F226Bes and have listened to the F206s. While I don't expect them be to everyone's' tastes, the adjectives you've used don't remotely align with my impressions of them. It sounds like something may have been askew downstream of the speakers, and/or perhaps they were connected out...
  9. M

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Well done by Erin. The results are entirely unsurprising. This is a fantastic opportunity for @Eric Alexander to reflect on this situation, bring it to a close, and remove any and all pressure from Amir and Erin. Doubling down now will bring nothing but harm to his business and future...
  10. M

It's on his Patreon page at the moment.
  11. M

I'm not sure that there's any singular subjective aspect of a loudspeaker system that varies as wildly as bass output. The same-size F226Bes were absolutely subwoofer-required speakers for me, and they were getting decent room gain. That's not to say that others wouldn't be content to let them...
  12. M

An example has already been provided by a member who stated that no correction was used above 1KHz. Copied here:
  13. M

How a subwoofer affects soundstage?

More subs help with this as well. It's absolutely possible to localize a single sub crossed at 80Hz (or even much lower) depending on a variety of factors (positioning relative to the MLP, boundary gain, quality of integration with the mains, activation of room modes, etc). This won't be the...
  14. M

How a subwoofer affects soundstage?

Not necessarily. Additional subwoofers add headroom, yes, but that doesn't mean you need to use it. If you are after a more linear response and not more output, you can simply turn each sub down to compensate. Each sub also works less hard in this case which could be a side benefit.
  15. M

Well, if nothing else, I can now be fully certain of the fact that I will never purchase or recommend a Tekton product to anyone, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the measurements of this speaker.
Top Bottom