mj30250's latest activity

• M
    mj30250 replied to the thread Fallout on Amazon.
    I enjoyed the season. It's certainly one of the better game to TV adaptations and it did a nice job of portraying some of the quirky...
  • M
    Understanding the importance of addressing room modes via proper bass management, EQ, and positioning and then using speakers that...
  • M
    mj30250 replied to the thread How Much Subwoofer Is Enough?.
    Not that it matters since those subs are no longer in play, but the compression sweeps were done with the crossover disabled, hence the...
  • M
    mj30250 replied to the thread Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review.
    He should truly seek professional help. He'll never do it of his own accord, but someone close to him should intervene. This is all...
  • M
    Agreed, I'm good. Perhaps at some future point I'll add a couple nearfield subs, more for additional tactile response / envelopment than...
  • M
    Below are compression sweeps that I ran when the Monolith 15s were in use. The mic was positioned at the MLP, which is about 11ft...
  • M
    It's a dial on the plate amp that progressively applies cuts to the low bass to account for different room sizes / boundary gain...
    • 1713229198784.png
  • M
    Well, it's flat in the audible range. Better? :) And I did experiment with the room size control set to small, which flattens the LF...
  • M
    You and my wife both. If you're referring to the sub-bass rise, that's primarily room gain. I can flatten it easily enough via the...
  • M
    mj30250 replied to the thread Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review.
    If you aren't compensating for the increased listening distance by spacing out the speakers further, this isn't surprising.
  • M
    mj30250 replied to the thread M106 distortion.
    I assume you are listening to the original Joe Walsh track. If so, yes, the guitar is heavily distorted by design, buy beyond that there...
  • M
    Well, curiosity got the better of me and I ordered dual PSA TV2112Ms. Here is where they ended up after positioning and running through...
  • M
    So this was pestering me somewhat as the F226Bes had, subjectively speaking, what I would describe as the "smoothest" midrange / lower...
    • 1713009318391.png
    • 1713009659112.png
  • M
    I've owned the F226Bes and have listened to the F206s. While I don't expect them be to everyone's' tastes, the adjectives you've used...
  • M
    mj30250 replied to the thread Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review.
    Well done by Erin. The results are entirely unsurprising. This is a fantastic opportunity for @Eric Alexander to reflect on this...
Top Bottom