misterdog's latest activity

• misterdog
    misterdog reacted to Jazzman53's post in the thread Electrostatic speakers? with Like Like.
    It's a psychosis and I'm an enabler so go for it: https://jazzman-esl-page.blogspot.com
  • misterdog
    misterdog replied to the thread Electrostatic speakers?.
    As posted earlier, I love the sound of marketing speak. Me, Me, Me, mine are the best. Peter Walker at Quad Acoustics was designing...
  • misterdog
    The reason that >63 Quad panels fail is the hot melt glue holding the stators to the plastic matrix fails, exacerbated by a lack of...
  • misterdog
    As do Quad panels. Any electrical engineer trying to apply several thousand volts across across a panel from a 'single location' might...
  • misterdog
    :facepalm: I love the sound of marketing speak. In the UK we only have 'best' bitter and 'premium' lager, though many beers are just...
  • misterdog
    Proof ? Or conjecture. I have heard various theories concerning my Quad 989's - they have no bass - mount them in steel panels -...
  • misterdog
    misterdog reacted to Jazzman53's post in the thread Electrostatic speakers? with Like Like.
    I was an ESL builder for many years, and I concede that I've become quite opinionated about what I think works, and doesn't. My first...
  • misterdog
    When Quad added two extra panels to the 989 series, from the 63's (four panels) adding more bass and general output, all they did was...
    • 1642711037200.jpg
  • misterdog
    misterdog reacted to Willem's post in the thread Electrostatic speakers? with Like Like.
    I would think our experiences are quite similar. The 2805/2905's have a more rigid frame than the 988/989's so I gues there is less need...
  • misterdog
    I have Quad 989's built into custom made steel stands, which allows the centre of the panel to be at ear height (the factory version...
  • misterdog
    misterdog reacted to trinitronx's post in the thread Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3 B Review with Like Like.
    ☝️ Which is unfortunately rather common with certain entry-level (a.k.a. "cheapo") turntables. For example, the original AT-LP120-USB...
  • misterdog
    misterdog reacted to AaronJ's post in the thread Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3 B Review with Like Like.
    Because people like to listen to vinyl. Your type of post exists in basically every thread in this sub forum. Are those reading your...
  • misterdog
    misterdog reacted to AaronJ's post in the thread Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3 B Review with Like Like.
    People’s reasoning for writing these kind of posts will always mystify me to be honest.
Top Bottom