Recent content by MisterDee

1. MisterDee

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

...should there even be a 'like' button on here?
  2. MisterDee

... I thought we weren't allowed to like anything on this forum due to it being subjective nonsense?
  3. MisterDee

Stick with the measurements. I buy different DACs as I like the variation in form and case design. They look different, and the difference can be measured so sighted bias is acceptable here but audibly, they all sound exactly the same.
  4. MisterDee

Best value streamer with no DAC

Ah, I see! Thanks for the info. I'm currently have a PC running Volumio which I use to get tidal connect over to my non-MQA DAC (Denafrips Ares 2). As far as I can tell, I'm probably maxing out at 24bit/48Khz with streams from Tidal to the DAC. I was going to buy a iFi Zen DAC as it's an MQA...
  5. MisterDee

Best value streamer with no DAC

Quick question about the Zen Stream - If you are using it for Tidal Connect, will it output MQA fully unfolded via a digital out to a DAC?
  6. MisterDee

Tidal announces Tidal Connect

Indeed! I don't have a MQA DAC and don't fancy 'upgrading' so 44.1/16bit is the standard for now with Tidal but if Qobuz had something similar it would be Hi-Res without the need for MQA no doubt. Still loving Tidal Connect via this implementation though!
  7. MisterDee

Well, I'm running Volumio on two of my headless PC's - each connected to external DAC's then to amps/speakers. I'm also using the native Tidal app on phone/desktop and can connect to each of them via Tidal Connect! It's great - just like Spotify connect (but with CD quality tunes!) Screenshot...
  8. MisterDee

Regarding Tidal connect and Volumio - looks like it will be here shortly... url: https://community.volumio.org/t/adding-tidal-connect/42022/66 Tidal interface on my phone > PC running Volumio with Tidal connect > DAC > Amp > Speakers > me smiling!!
  9. MisterDee

I had the Topping D90 for a few weeks, loved the detail but found the presentation of the sound too forward which bugged me so much that I sold it and ordered an Ares 2. I've had the Ares 2 for a week or so and like it a lot, it's detailed and the soundstage is nice and wide but it lacks the...
  10. MisterDee

I've been waiting for this from a Hi-res streaming service for a while. My current bubbleupnp/foobar method is a bit clunky and so when I heard the news I rushed and renewed my Tidal subscription for Tidal Connect as I assumed I'd be able to control the desktop app from the mobile app but was...
  11. MisterDee

HQplayer - do I need it?

@dashendorf - Yes, fair comment! I did try controlling Tidal directly on the PC with AnyDesk, whilst this works it's pretty clunky to do it with a phone, searching and selecting tracks is fiddly (especially after a couple of gin and tonics!)
  12. MisterDee

HQplayer - do I need it?

@chips666 Thanks - I might just download HQplayer and try it - it does seem that you need quite a powerful PC to run it on though. I did have a Roon subscription but found it really frustrating to return any of the results I wanted from Tidal via the search function so gave up in the end...
  13. MisterDee

HQplayer - do I need it?

Hello, I have been looking into HQplayer and was wondering if it would benefit me. I currently use Tidal for all my music listening. My set up config is as follows: Andriod Phone running BubbleUpnp Client (Tidal) PC running BubbleUpnp Server delivering streams to Foobar Foobar playing streams...
Top Bottom