Recent content by Misguided

1. M

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Just bought some Sennheiser HD560s (new version), really impressed for the money. These now go with my Hifiman Sundaras and Truthear Hexas. I gave my nephew my Moondrop Chus at Xmas as he was using one earbud to listen to music after losing the other and he does have pretty decent taste...
  2. M

Gaming Headphones Better Than Sundaras

I have heard they are very very good. I already have my Sundaras for music otherwise I suspect they would be a consideration, maybe next upgrade ;)
  3. M

Hi. I bought some Sennheiser HD560s after Xmas. I haven't actually gamed with them yet but did listen to some tunes and watch some tv and wow, seriously good for the money, very impressed. Thanks for all the advice.
  4. M

Thanks I think it is worth buying some HD560s.
  5. M

Hi. I have some Sundaras which I use for music, movies and gaming at home. I keep toying with the idea of buying some other headphones primarily for gaming but when I read into it I end up sticking as there are a huge amount of opinions out there and the Sundaras always seem to come out as one...
  6. M

Mobile audio setup recommendations

For a Bluetooth Receiver pretty much everyone is going to recommend a Qudelix 5k, not sure of the price in Euros but I believe 100 - 150. I use the Apple USB Dongle and it's fine for most IEMs, it's about 10 Euros and I have some Trurthear Hexas which I do really like, no idea on Euro prices...
  7. M

DAC+AMP combos(single units) vs separate DACs and AMPs(stacks) ?

I went for a stack SMSL HO100 and DO100 as I needed an analog in, most of the combination units in my price range don’t offer this apart from some of the Fiio ones which weren’t reviewed here.
  8. M

Best headphone for people wearing glasses

I wear glasses with my Sundaras a lot and have no issues
  9. M

Cheap (£70) 'open' sounding headphone/earbud/IEM recommendations needed!

Yeah the bass boost is decent, I use it with my Sundaras. You could always try equalising, there are a lot of threads on here about it. I use Equaliser APO on my PC.
  10. M

Have a look on Crinacle’s website and You Tube videos, he does a good one on gaming headphones. Interestingly he says his favourite under £150 is the Koss KSC75 which is about £20. If you don’t play FPS games you may want to think about something less gamer ish as the neutral bright sounding...
  11. M

Truthear Hexa AKG 702 Hifiman 400se - there are often sales on the Hifiman web site. Sennheiser hd560 - if you can find a deal I own the Hexas and they are pretty nice, described as neutral with bass boost. AKG 702 is supposed to be great for gaming but can be a bit bright for music, loads of...
  12. M

Xbox Series X support for external DACs

I gave up with the search for a DAC. I now have a splitter in my controller connected to a mic and line out, the line out goes into a SMSL HO100 via an RCA splitter, the mic is a lavalier one that clips onto your headphone wire, it has a long thin lead which is wound around the line out then...
  13. M

Which in ear headphones

Sennheiser HD600 have a neutral sound signature according to the headphone database Crinacle has compiled. You could look for a neutral tuned IEM using his IEM rankings, I've found his judgement to be pretty good. The Sennheiser IEMs look ok but there are better, cheaper ones IMO...
  14. M

Which in ear headphones

+1 for Truthear. just bought the Hexas and I am very pleased, great value!
Top Bottom