Recent content by MiradoOne

1. MiradoOne

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

Hmm, the file you posted sounds exactly the same to me (minus the volume difference from the pre-amp) whether or not I have EAPO enabled. I can't tell if that means everything is working as intended or if everything is wrong, DirectSound included. Would it be possible for you to record the...
  2. MiradoOne

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Nah, not at all. I just found the idea novel and like @Library Detective my X16 is also hooked into my PC via USB already.
  3. MiradoOne

Depending on your tolerance for hair pulling, this might be a good starting point. :) Very much so. I'm integrating the RPi, getting that HAT, getting a case, etc, all so I can lay down roughly four feet further away from my PC. :p
  4. MiradoOne

I'm getting the one from Pi2Design; it is a lot more expensive but it's the only one I've found that has a Gustard pinned I2S connector (and the creator is pretty active on other forums which is reassuring in case I have any issues). In theory it would work with PiCorePlayer as long as it has...
  5. MiradoOne

No, that's fine, I understood what you were going for. My post was just aimed at the audio nervosa types that wouldn't be satisfied unless they actually saw "MQA" plastered on the screen; I honestly doubt anyone would come out on top of an ABX of USB displaying MQA vs Coax displaying OFS, but if...
  6. MiradoOne

I have the Gustard driver installed and everything seems to be working normally and recognized without me forcing ASIO. If I open up the Windows volume mixer, it correctly identifies it as Gustard. I'm not sure if that's "correct" but seeing as I need to use Equalizer APO to EQ my headphones...
  7. MiradoOne

Recommended inexpensive XLR or TRS cables?

I second WBC, they are great, totally solid cables. I have the ones with Mogami wiring and Neutrik connectors as balanced interconnects between my DAC and amp and am very happy with how solid they feel. Obviously they sound no different than any other non-defective cable, but I didn't mind...
  8. MiradoOne

So, this is my quick and dirty Dr. Frankenstein-esq setup for a MQA test (I don't intend to utilize MQA very often if at all so it's only temporary). It's a Raspberry Pi 4 running Volumio, with a SSD in a USB3 enclosure connected to it that has a MQA test file (Britten: Simple Symphony, Op. 4 by...
  9. MiradoOne

My unit escaped customs successfully and is now sitting pretty on my desk. I've got a lot of listening to do and not a lot of time to do it, but I'm looking forward to digging in! Good job @gustard, first impression is it's a solid box. I love the feet on it, a nice knurled outside but grippy...
  10. MiradoOne

Glad to hear you solved it! Absolutely, we are really starting to see a renaissance of well performing, feature packed, affordable devices.
  11. MiradoOne

Yeah, that's what I figured. The 789 and (I would assume given their similarities) 887 THX amps should only clip on gain 3 at 2.1V and above so I'm inclined to remove output voltage as the culprit. Currently my unit is jammed in customs but I will keep you in mind when I receive it. For what...
  12. MiradoOne

Very strange! Gain 1 should rule out that amp clipping as it can take like 7V on Gain 1 or 2 and I doubt the X16 is putting out anywhere near that much even at full volume. I wonder if anyone else can replicate this; my unit should hopefully be here on Thursday and I'll see if I can match what...
  13. MiradoOne

Apos vs. Amazon dac return refund.

I've only ordered once from Apos, but so far I'm pleased. I asked about the status of my order as I saw other people were getting shipping notifications, and without prompting CJ refunded my express shipping because of the extra delay. I'll reserve judgment until the whole process is complete...
  14. MiradoOne

Abyss Diana V2 Review (headphone)

It's extremely not, but she'll very much appreciate the vote of confidence. :D
  15. MiradoOne

Abyss Diana V2 Review (headphone)

This last page or so has been a fascinating glimpse into differing philosophies and a good discussion about how experience and psychology can color a person's perspective on something as trivial as earmuffs that make fun wiggly air noises, but I feel like we are starting to drift somewhat from...
Top Bottom