Recent content by milw50717

1. M

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

I have been listening to music for about 5 hours now and the USB-C dongle is cool to the touch. @Alex-D - thanks for the suggestion @Ismapics - Yep. As cheap as chips as far as DACs go
  2. M

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

I have one permanently plugged into a Mac Mini to send audio to powered speakers. I use it for multiple hours per day and haven't had an issue yet (touch wood), but I hadn't thought to check if it gets warm. I'll try to do that tomorrow. My only complaint so far is just how flimsy the wire is...
  3. M

Knives. Knifethread.

A few bits of the usual pieces of sharp cutlery - Fairbairn-Sykes, Bund Victorinox and Fliegerkappmesser, my father's army jack knife and a few other issued things - as well as some Spyderco and Gerbers
  4. M

Roon 1.8

So, I took the plunge after a couple of updates were released and all went well with the core running on a Linux box and 3 x RoPieee endpoints. No issues or serious complaints after a day of use.
  5. M

photo organizing software

What features are you looking for ? Galleries, ability to tag, able to handle videos, user accounts, etc ? FWIW I use piwigo for simple chronological/folder based sets of low-res photos for family access. IAP
  6. M

Joining the tube rollers club.

The crack is nice, particularly since you can build it yourself and upgrade it using speedball or one of the well documented mods. Their support via the forums is also excellent should you want to check something or hit a snag
  7. M

Roon 1.8

Waiting for service pack 1 to be released :)
  8. M

What are we listening to right now..

Talking of David Byrne, I'm currently enjoying American Utopia on Broadway
  9. M

Still listening to stuff from last century Last one of the night
  10. M

Listening to this whilst watching this The sounds from both make for some nice and relaxing bedtime music
  11. M

SF 10-33 - Ambient music mixed with the sounds of San Francisco public safety radio traffic. Listening via Roon
Top Bottom