Recent content by Milt

1. M

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

I bought the SU-10 for the sheer audacity of it's overkill config. Reminds me of Oppo. Will take it's place beside the RME Have a Topping DM-7 on the way for MCH. Pair with the PRE90 + EXT90. These guys are intuitive about their gear & applications. Keep your uber expensive Euro stuff, IMO the...
  2. M

Paris Audio Video Show 2022

I removed the doors day 1. Problem solved
  3. M

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Personally, I can see this as a perfect L/C/R for a home theater and\or multi-channel system. Self-powered, etc., etc., etc. Right now, $10k is a sweet spot an end-game price for a pair of speakers. Obviously I understand that people's priorities and budget are significant factors. Trust me, I'm...
  4. M

Review and Measurements of Oppo UDP-205 UHD Player

I never said I liked A over B. I said I liked source players with a preamp vs. no preamp. Although it flies somewhat in the face of my simple signal chain as possible tenet, ime, a preamp is as important any any other system component other than speakers
  5. M

Are blu-ray players still worth buying?

Not meaning to patronize Kal, although far more often than not I agree with his assessments, Oppos are widely known for their build quality, reliability, customer support & open to feedback. I've owned and do own Oppos since the beginning, best all around players I know of. If anyone has had an...
  6. M

Rythmik L12 Subwoofer Review

Thanks for the sub tests, Amir I would make one of my subs available to Amir as I'm fairly close, but schlepping them into the house with a heavy duty hand truck was PITA enough. To go through boxing, unboxing, boxing again & getting them in my car? Forget it. My subs weigh 104lbs net each
  7. M

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

I know this has been posted at least once in this thread, but imo it's the user that get "broken in" rather than the speaker.
  8. M

Anthem MRX1120 Home Theater AVR Review

Given Anthem's history, I would not expect a replacement before then
  9. M

Oppo Sonica USB DAC and Streamer Review

Sorry trl, but the lone reason Oppo Digital shutdown was the parent company wasn't seeing enough profit for dedicating a production line for their products versus cell phones. Oppo Digital worked closely with all of their vendors. Just because people think they failed because they used one DAC...
  10. M

Oppo Sonica USB DAC and Streamer Review

Such a sad shame that Oppo Digital got shutdown by the parent company. I met all of the main Oppo guys in August of 2013 & talked at length with the designer Jason. He approached gear design like Toyota & Honda. Making incremental, tangible improvements in their products with each generation...
  11. M

Late Early Results for Iowa...

I'm guessing that at least some on this forum work in IT. I have since the mid-80's in several disciplines. I would never trust sophisticated software for voting. In Washington state they instituted vote-by-mail a few years back. We always have to wait at least 48hours before the results are...
  12. M

You've taken it out the context for your own reasons, the fact is it does sound better to me. Ergo, it is my fact. Not you or anyone else. I stated that explicitly. You can pound sand
  13. M

I've been reviewing all of the straight DAC reviews tonight, looking for a reason to replace my Oppo-205s. Haven't seen any yet as I bought at MSRP. The fact that you can watch use it for flawless video is like, free! I won't go into all of my tries at bypassing a preamp in the digital realm In...
  14. M

JBL One Series 104 Powered Monitor Review

What do you expect for $129? Me, not much
  15. M

Mark Levinson No 360S DAC Review

This thing weighs a ton for a DAC and that is the reason I hate you all for asking me to rip it out of my cabinet to test it! Amir, that's why we love what you're doing! Not really a fair fight in this day & age. One thing about ML\Madrigal, it always oozes quality. The man dost protest too...
Top Bottom