Recent content by milokinni

1. M

Bluetooth wireless lossless - any possible technical issues?

Just last September, Qualcomm announced they have found a way to transmit lossless 16-bit / 44.1 kHz signals wirelessly via Bluetooth. What are the possible technical issues that may confront a lay listener? I'm thinking of more jitter, higher distortions, etc. Or am I worrying too much, and...
  2. M

What’s the next big thing you predict will happen with audio tech after 2022?

Didn't Qualcomm just announce lossless Redbook audio over Bluetooth just last September?
  3. M

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Two new recordings which have delighted me lately: Martin Helmchen playing Beethoven's Diabelli Variations ... and Adam Fischer conducting Mahler's No. 1 If you have Tidal or Spotify give them a listen. The first is marvelously witty, while the second...as lyrical as Mahler symphonies...
  4. M

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd NFB-27.38 DAC and Headphone Amplifier

The best response might be for a disillusioned patron to let us measure another Audio Gd product...although I'll won't bet against it testing bad again. Hi-fi News from the UK is another that presents audio measurements. The Absolute Sound on the other hand absolutely trashes objective...
  5. M

Review and Measurements of SMSL M8 DAC

I actually had a SMSL M8 running with and without the linear power supply SMSL P1. I actually preferred the sound without the power supply. With the P1 the M8 sounds maybe a smidgeon cleaner (could well be placebo) but also thinner. Through the switching power supply the sound is beefier. I've...
  6. M

Measurements Of SMSL M8 DAC

I used to own a unit of this, a pretty clean sounding DAC. Nice to see the measurements agree with my impressions. Its OLED screen does tend to dim rather quickly over time though. It's another of those Chinese dacs with good performance to price ratio.
  7. M

Introductions anyone?

Greetings. For someone with little background in science, I was motivated to register to learn a little more about audio science. Not to mention all the joie de vivre around at the forum made it easy for newbies too. :) I'm a headphone enthusiast who is however strictly on the objectivist side...
  8. M

BestBuy to stop selling CDs... Target may be next

I like the idea of a physical disc in my hands, that an artiste work against time to churn out music in a physical medium with pretty art work. Yeah, vinyl is nice too, but it's a bit bulky. I subscribe to Spotify, sample the music, then purchase the CDs for those interpretations I really like.
  9. M

BestBuy to stop selling CDs... Target may be next

I'm one of the dinosaurs...Still buying classical CDs nowadays. They are awfully cheap now, though packaged in multiple-CD sets.
  10. M

Bad recording/master: it is a crime!!!

I think classical music is the only genre where loudness war doesn't reign supreme. Even sadder to think future generations might not know what a concept album is, thanks to this travesty.
  11. M

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

Amir, I'm not sure if they are confident enough to send a unit to you for review, they seemed to have done so to Soundperfection reviews. If this measures well I'm sure their products will get more attention.
  12. M

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

From the point of view of a headphone user it seems pretty interesting. Nice functionalities. Maybe not as popular as Schiit products but for a DAC sporting a ESS9038pro chip it seems well made and might be another discovery after Topping. There are some 40 odd watchers of the DAC/amp on eBay...
  13. M

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

I'm so eager to see measurements of the Melokin DA9.1 that I signed up. :)Thanks for all the good work!
Top Bottom