Recent content by mil

1. M

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

My comments are focused on HiFi equipment that I have experience so far, extrapolating any of my observations to aerospace equipment is not something I would like to do, different field, different specs. As far as I can see there are no measurable evidence of any burn-in benefits of any...
  2. M

I bought the Sennheiser 660s, it took 2 weeks for me to realize how great they sound. A month later I bought the Sennheiser 600 to use on another system and compare them with the 660s, again after 2 weeks they sounded great (not as good as the 660s, but very good overall). Switching from the...
  3. M

Do you listen to new music?

I have been listening to Heavy Metal, EDM, Hardcore, JCore, Speecore, Gaba etc. all my life, every new release I could find. But since I upgraded my equipment this year (DAC, headphones, amp, speakers) I have switched to mostly old Jazz, Blues etc., i.e. the genres I was avoiding like the...
  4. M

Which Revel Speakers to Choose

If you can tame your room then I would personally go for the F206 (at this price)...but you will need to treat the whole room heavily, to the point it looks like a studio. So what Crane suggests is probably the right choice, but I would still go for xN foam panels / xM bass traps and the F206s :)
  5. M

Does size matter?

3.5m Width 5.0m Length 2.4m Height 2 Computers: first connected to Monitor Audio Bronze 2 second to Wharfedale EVO 4.4 Since I bought the EVOs I have also installed 96 foam panels around the room walls. I am very happy with the sound...and that the wife hasn't divorced me yet.
  6. M

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Please do find them because I cannot really see anything really negative and believe me I searched a lot because I was going to buy those speakers. Actually I did buy the EVO 4.4 and they are what I expected them to be, i.e. perfect for me. This is an interesting review but you will need to...
  7. M

Where have you seen the negative reviews? I can only see great/positive reviews and good measurements.
  8. M

What's your average SPL for music listening

In my "office" room, for most of the day 40 db on average with peaks of 50 db, during the night I may go up to 60 db. I have treated the room with around 70 foam panels though and that helps clarity I guess.
  9. M

Ultimate 1ET400A Purifi Amplifier sonic shootout - €820 to €8,344

When I am really bored I like to watch Youtube videos where they AB audiophile cables and I am trying really hard to hear any differences. My favorite ones of course are the Power cable swaps (probably because of the promised improvements in clarity and wider sound stage). But although I am...
  10. M

Has the pandemic affected your audio purchase decisions?

For my work and the gaming computers I bought: Gaming: HD 600 Monitor Audio Bronze 2 Topping PA3 (I had a SBX G6 already) Work: HD 660s Topping DX7 Pro Nord Three 1ET400A ST Wharfedale EVO 4.4 If I continue like that, my wife is going to kill me way before the virus has any chance...
  11. M

I do not disagree with you, you are absolutely right. But I also have to confess that I did NOT buy these speakers based on any auditions (i.e. trusting my ears)... I did it based just on reviews and the few measurements I found. I had my simple goal (of flat, details instead of sound coloration...
  12. M

Spotify Premium worth it for the audio quality?

Warning, subjective comments follow: The quality difference is huge, but personally I wouldn't trust the HD600s too much on making this difference too obvious. I bought both the HD660s and then the HD600 just to compare them, the HD660s are way more detailed but obviously it depends on the...
  13. M

I also wanted to see the EVO 4.2 & 4.4 measurements, but I gave up hope of it happening any time soon. I have found this for the 4.4s: https://www.hifitest.de/test/bildergalerie/lautsprecher_stereo/wharfedale-evo_44_19615/4 and together with trying to read between lines in every subjective...
  14. M

Nord Three SE 1ET400A MKII Dual Mono Stereo Amp or Nord Three 1ET400A Stereo Amplifier

Although I cannot really answer your question directly, I can only tell you about my choices and experience with Nord so far. I just received my order today: A Nord Three 1ET400A ST Stereo Amplifier with Twin PSU's and WBT 0703Cu Binding Posts (the later because they look cool :P) and of...
  15. M

I am currently on page 23 of this thread, still long way to go, but I would like to add a comment at this stage: We should all be thanking the Internet Gods for allowing the wisdom of people like amirm to reach us all. From a consumer's point of view, I see that the audiophile world is full...
Top Bottom