Recent content by Mikko Dee

1. M

Different Binding Posts - is it audible?

McIntosh quite a few years ago went around the country to dispel a lot of this BS. Notice no major manufacturers have done that since… even PS Audio sells a bunch of snake oil type crap. To each his own and if you don’t do some independent research, then I suppose it’s your money being wasted...
  2. M

What speakers have some of the best value in the $2-3k price point?

This site is the ultimate in cherry popping. Then again, the last time I took any audio rag seriously was way back when Absolute sound was run by HP. Nowadays these reviewers are mostly cable / interconnect pimps. How we went from “lamp cord” to $10,000 .5 meter wire is still both amusing and...
  3. M

A challenge for those who want one

Imo, storage is now a relatively cheap commodity. I store all my music on 2 1tb ssd drives in lossless formats. Why? Because I can and I don’t need/want/care about the actual or perceived loss in quality using a compressed or lossy format. This ain’t the 80’s….
  4. M

A challenge for those who want one

I got 3 out of 6….
  5. M

EquiTech 1.5RQ Balanced Power Review

Not too long ago, there was a news report of a young guy who died using bolt cutters chopping into a still active power line. That was the end of his criminality / life.
  6. M

You can add me to that list…..I’ll be putting my unit up for sale shortly.
  7. M

I’m glad I bought mine at a very significant discount from a recording studio that closed…. Wow, I’m surprised after reading the test results. Then a quote from long ago came back to me. “In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences.” Umm hmmm………..
  8. M

Different Binding Posts - is it audible?

When I first got into music, speaker connections were with a screw and the gauge of wire was quite small. I’ve chosen to upgrade the BP’s on my speakers not for any Reason other then I appreciate good design and quality.
Top Bottom