Recent content by Mikk

1. M

GLM 4?

Agreed, when listening for pleasure, EPL off is preferred…
  2. M

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

Yeah, using the Sound Character Profiler to add bass doesn’t seem effective if the sub isn’t capable of having a positive gain EQ. @Tangband sounds like a good solution for more bass! I miss the ‘tilt’ feature in the SCP that was available in previous GLM versions, which had a similar effect...
  3. M

I just noticed the Dynaudio xd60 specs show -3db at 18Hz. The only way you’re ever going to get close to this using any genelec system is with a sub.
  4. M

I strongly suspect you’ll be wanting a sub either way, hence keeping the 8341s to be the better option. You’ve got a pretty big room, and although the Genelecs are incredibly capable, expecting small stand-mount speakers to match/better the much larger Dynaudio‘s bass output seems unrealistic...
  5. M

PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review (AC Regenerator)

A large part of ps audio’s claim regarding the reasoning behind any audible improvements is due to reduced output impedance of the powerplants compared to straight from the wall. Reduced impedance=greater dynamics, they say? Any way to tell if this is true?
  6. M

A Lumin U1 mini works well, which is what I use. Dont get hung up on using digital input vs analog though, they’re both great. If you have a favourite DAC or pre-amp, you may prefer to use the analog input.
  7. M

GLM 4?

The 'Meet GLM 4.1' video from Genelec is worth a watch for any Genelec owners, and highlights the new features available in 4.1, and how to get the best from your setup. I picked up a number of valuable tips.
  8. M

GLM 4?

I think they were referring to the ability to lift the 100-300Hz range gently, making the tonal balance less bright, lessening the need to use HF rolloff/shelving.
  9. M

An 8341 review with measurements. No affiliation, just thought it relevant. Apologies if it's already been linked to earlier in the thread. Interesting in that it shows the same rising treble above 15k as my 8341's. https://thenextweb.com/news/genelec-8341a-studio-monitor-review
  10. M

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

Lumin U1 mini? AES output suits the Genelecs nicely.
  11. M

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

My 8341's had a similar dip, and moving them lower did indeed help remove this. They're also a minimum of 1.4m away from all walls. Genelecs monitor placement guide is great, but possibly written with the intention that the monitors would be around 1200mm high so not as appropriate for home setups?
  12. M

Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5" midwoofer

@Adam Bernau Looks great- nice work! Any problems fitting the Fusion amp, due to it's size? Or is it external? Which passive radiator did you use, and what crossover point/slopes did you go for? Have you played with the Fusion's EQ to boost bass/flatten the response much? The cabinet looks...
Top Bottom