Recent content by MikeFromNorway

1. MikeFromNorway

Critical (Best) Music Tracks for Speaker and Room EQ Testing

Anyone on Tidal? A good plattform for a collective playlist?! Both CD q and higher for those that worship 24 bit masters…
  2. MikeFromNorway

What a track! Almost fell of my listening chair cranking it up too loud from the soft start☺️interesting. Thanks for sharing!
  3. MikeFromNorway

Speaking dymaics. This is a nice one. From 2L studio. Bass goes to 5hz. Recorded in a famous norwegian church... https://www.2l.no/ https://www.stereopluss.no/tuvayhun-beautitudes-for-a-wounded-world.6545585-356654.html About the studio...
  4. MikeFromNorway

Steinway Lyngdorf MODEL D

These go for 1/20th the price and sound fabulous. They Won’t give you exclusive membership at the golf club and you need Minidsp and a few watts to power them up but your ears and eyes will have a blast. They are also working on active models with dsp. http://www.forsman.no/cms/products/vss5.html
  5. MikeFromNorway

Everything you always wanted to know about cardioids* (*but were afraid to ask)

Just the thread I was looking for. It seams to me like there is a trend of making Cardioid speakers latly. Kvasvoll, Sigberg audio (both from Norway), D&D are all active on the front. This might be a stupid queastion for you technically enabled guys. But still I wonder. What are the main...
  6. MikeFromNorway

Neumann KH420 vs Genelec 8361A

I have no problem accepting the price of the monitors. I would even go as far to say that for What you get they’re descently priced as are the Neumanns. Adams, Dynaudio etc… Pwc/Atc though questionable. But if you look at the subs of all the above mentioned Brands i just dont get the pricing...
  7. MikeFromNorway

Neumann KH420 vs Genelec 8361A

I find the Genelecs subs insanely overpriced. For 15.000 dollars (the cost in Norway) you can buy 4 beasts of subwoofers, place them probably better then you can with one 7382 and use minidsp to get them right and still save 5k. Cant believe the GLM makes 5k worth improvement vs another third...
  8. MikeFromNorway

Nice thread. Last year i heared this track on a Kii Audio Three demo. It pressurized the room quite well. The same day my friend blew his speakers with it. I had a D&D 8C demoed in my living room. On the same track we measured quite good output down to 25hz. The seller told me they where...
  9. MikeFromNorway

Neumann KH420 Review (Studio Monitor)

Thanks for great feedback guys. I’m not that worried about design changes, though in 8 years the tech developes quite a bit. Is it audible? Probably not. Measurable? Probably yes. A/b testing 410s vs 420s wouldnt be audible i guess. Though the future «430» might have integrated dsp...
  10. MikeFromNorway

Anyone know the turnover rate of the Neumann monitors? Tried searching but hard to find good info. Dreaming of these but don’t want to be the last one getting the old model. The 420s came out sept 2014?! It will be my end game with 2 subs. I’m not in a hurry to buy
  11. MikeFromNorway

They look fantastic! And the speaker stands, wow. Do they have a link or name. Congrats!
  12. MikeFromNorway

ICEpower 2000AS2 HV

Its funny when we talk about one power module being better based on distortion numbers that are reaching zero. Yes, one graph shows lower distorition then the other. Has this any practical significance? Grading the ice module as a plate amp based on what? If you need the power, I'm sure these...
  13. MikeFromNorway

There is a lot argument in this thread about DSP or not, dac or not included in the speaker, Think about what you want to use as a source and then move on. KH420 do have a digital module available called dim 1. DSP can also be done by others then Neumann. https://en-de.neumann.com/kh-420-dim-1...
Top Bottom