Recent content by mike70

1. M

The Waxwing Thread

Take some online ABX tests between red book resolution and hires or even MP3 320 and red book ... very few people finds a difference. http://abx.digitalfeed.net/ It seems that after one century Nyquist/Shannon are right and red book is all you need to capture audio signals ... and that...
  2. M

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

With 36 days left? :-) Wow! ... Take a free day, go to a park and enjoy some beautiful outland.
  3. M

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Well, it seems is an uncontrolled sighted test. So, the results are (very) subjective to who maded the test. It's not a technical fact.
  4. M

That test was maded blindly / levelled gain or with a sight / uncontrolled approach?
  5. M

And if your main speakers have a HPF (generally 80hz or something like that) ... the power current requirements are ridiculous, I mean, the PSUs will be laughing all the time.
  6. M

So incredible that you need to check it out. Normally that's not happening and you need to remove all the "tricks" your brain made to maintain you happy. That's an objective blind test, as an example. Then, you can say if it's really better ... or you wanted in that way and your brain make it...
  7. M

Got 2 Fosi ZA3 recently but now its V3 Mono.. feel shortchanged

Life's too short for that kind of regrets and we're talking about really cheap amplifiers (taking the "audiophile" prices we usually see). So .. sell the ZA3 pair and get the V3 mono or stay with the ZA3. Surely there will be no difference in normal situations, but do what you FEEL you want to...
  8. M

That SINAD difference is inaudible. You won't recognize any amp with more than 80dB SINAD (and flat FR ... tubes aren't valid :-) ) with a blind test in domestic situations.
  9. M

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Macs are Linux based ... you can use Linux Mint with the same reliability for zero cost.
  10. M

I'm in ... If I can have a pair of decent monoblocks at THAT price AND size ... why not? Totally 0 crosstalk, better thermal management, more current to hard speakers, you can put that amp close to the speaker with very short speaker cable (long signal cable ... but is balanced), ... why not...
  11. M

The Waxwing Thread

Anybody knows about the internal ADC in this preamp?
  12. M

Maybe future measurements with the shared 10A power supply will be available
  13. M

I think everyone have an opinion, totally respectable, and with some right arguments. But, we can't lose common sense (the less common of the senses) ... 10 years ago ... you could find a pair of monoblocks with real decent performance and good power accessible to everyone? Put a hand in the...
  14. M

The switch have 3 positions: on, off and auto. Using common sense ... and some user design concepts ... how do you think it works? I post my opinion: - on = always on - off = always off - auto = power on with audio signal and power off after 10 mins of no signal detected
  15. M

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

that happens normally with "detailed" speakers ... "detailed" in audiophile terms usually means more energy in HF. brands like B&W / Monitor Audio / Focal generally have that "great detail" (it works great in the 20 mins demo, but not with 2 hours in your home :)) In the same level of B&W 700s i...
Top Bottom