Recent content by mikata

1. M

Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 Review

Thank you for the review. Glad to see this DAC got measured. I'm positively surprised over the performance. Bought one of these units on sale few years ago to accompany a Paradigm PW Amp for TV duties, but actually never connected it to my TV. Decided that I still wanted DD/DTS decoder so I...
  2. M

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW Amp

My speakers are also 84db (B&W 607). I tried both decreasing and increasing the volume on PW amp, but still had hiss/noise. Connected the speakers directly the AVR, and no more noise. My PW amp also went into stand-by multiple times even though it was being fed a signal. Its set to auto aux...
  3. M

Anyone else experiencing white noise running this as a power amp(RCA In)? Does not matter if I play anything or not. According to Amirs measurement RCA In is noisy but anyone else noticed this running the amp as power amp? I'm running Marantz NR1509 pre-out to PW Amp (fixed volume, also tried...
  4. M

Thanks, I'll try setting the the remote volume control to 3/4 when I get home. What I think is happening is that I adjust the volume slider for streaming services, because in the app it says "Whateveryounamedyourdeviceto (Analog)", ie I have named my device "Living room". So in the app it...
  5. M

Please read a few post up in the thread. Its for pw amp. My issue is that the set volume is not kept. It resets to 1/4 after a while or when l close the dts Play-fi app.
  6. M

I've set the analog source to fixed volume which was confirmed with a beep when pressing and holding - and mute buttons. But when I open the Play-fi app, the analog source volume is still set at 1/4 volume. Anyone knowing why? I have not connected an analog source yet, but I'm under the...
  7. M

I'm also interested in answer to this, turn all volume up or set it at half. I'm considering using my PW Amp as power amp for my Marantz NR1509 (L&R pre-out), because of the benefit with ARC. I will only be running 2.1.
Top Bottom