Recent content by Mihalis

1. Mihalis

Channel Separation?

This all goes against intuition. Stereo signal separates right and left in a way that confuses us nd we think we hear real space. My xtc filter doesn’t want the two mixed up. So why is channel sepration enough at 50 or even less db? If we had zero would we not be listening to mono? I appreciate...
  2. Mihalis

Passive Preamps - Transformers

This would be to use with a dac/xtc filter without a usable volume control. Sounds like I ll stick to active.
  3. Mihalis

Passive Preamps - Transformers

I have listened to a couple of transformer based preamps to very good effect. No careful double blind listening yet. I was wondering if you could point me to any discussions, measurements and opinions that may have been posted here. Very big picture it seems that these won't beat the insane...
  4. Mihalis

Standards for Audio Electronics Measurements?

What is the argument against multi tone and also assessing different signals against different loads? Or what is the argument that one tone at 1khz tells us everything? The way I read these measurements is: so far so good, when it comes to these measurements there is no problem. Αnd not: if...
  5. Mihalis

Topping LA90 Discrete Amplifier Review

We are so fast at attacking everyone else that even blinks the wrong way on other sites that we should keep ourselves to a higher standard. I am not in anyway suggesting there is intention. Just that this is absolutely read as a comparison by reasonable non expert non regular readers, especially...
  6. Mihalis

These amps are definitely competing amps for people who can afford either, focus on measurements and who plan to bridge them. This comparison is misleading.
  7. Mihalis

Am I correct that the review compares the power measurements of LA90D in bridged mode vs the Benchmark in stereo (which specs at 480W at 6ohm)?
  8. Mihalis

Blue Jeans Cable Isolation Transformer Review

They do explain what they mean, I believe they connect the shield in the receiving end and float it on the other side. Whether one thinks that makes any difference is up to the customer. On burn in time, got me there! Love the ATTENTION! Making sure they force the belief.
  9. Mihalis

The New King?

Is it impressive? Or is it a marketing strategy focusing on one or two measurement characteristics and causing people who believe it matters to keep buying? If they believe in the meaning of measurements, shouldn’t they just say: none of this is audible, so we are fine with our previous model...
  10. Mihalis

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

So what's the point in D90SE?
  11. Mihalis

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

I asked a simple question: Amir is mentioning “spatial qualities”. Which measurements are reliably predictive of those qualities? This is a glaring issue when two headphones seem to measure so similarly. And are made by the same guy. If you don’t know the answer just say “I don’t know’. No...
Top Bottom