Recent content by mightygrey

1. M

Cambridge Audio Duo Phono Stage Review (Updated)

So, potentially no problem for more sensitive (+100dB)/high impedance headphones, eg HD600/HD800s if you're using vinyl as a source?
  2. M

Cambridge Audio Duo Phono Stage Review (Updated)

Is that a function of the limitations of vinyl rather than the headphone stage?
  3. M

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

ASR is an important marketing channel for DCA.
  4. M

Tube Rolling: Does it Make a Difference?

I was eager to read an in-depth article about whether changing tubes affects many aspects of audio, including frequency response. Alas, this is hardly a 'case closed' that changing tubes does not affect sound in any way. I'd be keen to see a more robust review using more than one piece of...
  5. M

HBK Headphone Measurement Talks from Head-Fi and Sean Olive

I was able to spend a good 90 minutes with the HE-1 at the Sennheiser factory in Wennebostel, and I also had the chance to listen to Tool's full 'Fear Innoculum' album over the HE01 the Sennheiser store in Sydney. Both times I was able to use my own source and listen uninterrupted. I can...
  6. M

Reasonable access to MEASURE it. I've heard it, a few times now. I certainly wasn't able to take it home with me, and I certainly can't afford one. I wasn't able to measure it either. I can comfortably say it's the best-sounding headphone that I've heard.
  7. M

It says nothing. I'm sure no one actually expects someone to be able to reasonably have access to a $50K, 21kg device to measure it. It was a narky jab.
  8. M

Just because you haven't measured it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy it. The Peugeot 205 Gti is my favourite car of all time, and I certainly haven't put it on a dyno.
  9. M

Audeze Mobius Review (Gaming Headset)

@amirm do you still have the Mobius review unit? It would be great to know if you are able to update with USB source testing + some more EQ profiles.
  10. M

If that's your take on its marketing positioning, fine (it's a moot point), but testing via USB still ought to undertaken as the best way to test its DSP characteristics and overall performance.
  11. M

I guess we're not going to understand how they may vary until either you or someone else tests it. I know you have your own POV around who/how this headphone is likely to be used, but it's still an inconclusive review until the Mobius' main features are tested. The frequency response itself may...
  12. M

The size of the dip/peak (particularly the treble boost) is likely to introduce clipping. Roon's headroom management helpfully shows clipping in the signal path (if you ask it to), perhaps adding -10dB or so here ought to help.
  13. M

Wireless functionality is the key selling feature of this product, whereas the AUX is a 'nice to have', so it feels prudent to review the key functions of a product before passing judgement on it. I am very interested to understand whether using the internal amp only (running off bit-perfect...
  14. M

It feels like a big miss here to have only tested the Mobius in 'wired' mode - LDAC Bluetooth being one of the key selling features for this headphone, and it also works as a USB DAC via USB-C. This may affect distortion levels, as the internal amp would not be amplifying any external distortion...
Top Bottom