Recent content by Midwest Blade

1. M

Measurements of Paradigm 200B Bookshelf

That’s what initially caught my eye with the 200B, growing up in Canada we had a lot of exposure to the Canadian made brands and I listened to many of their speakers.
  2. M

Yep, pretty big roll off on the low end a bit extended on the high end. Reads “bright” from my point of view.
  3. M

Anyone see any performance measurements on the 200B from Paradigm?
  4. M

AXPONA 2024 - what to do and see?

I have generally gone on the Friday and have arrived right at opening, fewer people then the weekend but it does seem that a few rooms might still be sorting things out.
  5. M

AXPONA 2024 - what to do and see?

Planning a stroll through on the Friday as I can not make it for the weekend. Have not made my list of must see spaces just yet. Looking forward to the show.
  6. M

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

I guess these are sold based on the "old school" looks alone. I worry that the manufacturers keep on making and marketing what they want (sales) and are paying little attention to actual measured performance. Lately subjective reviews on line or in print are just complete "bunko". Thanks to...
  7. M

Ls50 meta alternatives - life after VR-1

KEF and Revel have good year end sale prices so instead of pulling the trigger on a used or repack sale, just sit tight. If the need to seek out and hear some gear Montreal has a pretty good audio show from what we hear, no pun intended. Toronto also has some pretty good audio dealers as well...
  8. M

Quebec audiophile shows off his new Hi-Fi system, very expensive set up

…what? No turntable, unbelievable. In a certain way I feel sorry for these guys and their gear…but to each, his own.
  9. M

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

A new audio system for the condo…Revel M105’s, new Yamaha RN 800 receiver…just put it on my list.
  10. M

Budget Amp for streaming in a small restaurant

Best to seek out a professional audio video company in your area, they may have new or used equipment available and would be beneficial in case of any service needs in the future. I would not go to eBay, big buyer beware when it comes to used professional equipment. Strongly suggest to get...
  11. M

Recommendations for a beginners setup

If everything is in working order (and you amp has been recently serviced by a knowledgeable technician) I would simple suggest finding a good cartridge for the tonearm and getting down to some listening. As an owner of a relatively vintage set up I did eventually pack up the turntable in favor...
  12. M

Is it possible to have a subwoofer in an apartment without disturbing others?

Don’t underestimate how low frequency travels in any structure including concrete. We enforce sound infractions in our condo building quite diligently to the dismay of many owners. Home theater seems to be the biggest offenders. I gave up using a sub years ago, but if you can get a hold of...
  13. M

Speaker cable advice

Mogami 3103, pretty sure you can find this in the uk, connectors if your choice.
  14. M

Blue Jeans Cable Isolation Transformer Review

Ugh! I have been extremely happy to be using their cables and interconnects for many years and found them to be a great value for a quality product. Not quite ready to throw them under the bus, but this and the Iconoclass thing makes me wonder. Oh well, what surprises me most about the whole...
Top Bottom