Recent content by Midnight Audiophile

1. Midnight Audiophile

Best way to add tone control to my system

I've used the EQ570 in my near-field system and it works well without any additional noise that was noticeable. I currently use SoundSource on my MacPro for EQ but it's a good unit unit for EQing on the fly. My desktop system feeds a coffee table setup so I had connected there to have some tone...
  2. Midnight Audiophile

ASMR Survey - pleasant or awful?

Shameless plug alert. This is from a new channel I just started. I like a good narrator with a pleasing voice. I find it relaxing and it helps me get to sleep rather quickly. I think this woman has a stellar voice for reading and I consider it ASMR. Next I'm doing Mary Shelley's Frankenstein by...
  3. Midnight Audiophile

Ai Illustration fun for Halloween - 1938 War of the Worlds broadcast

Yeah, that was definitely a big moment in cultural history. I think it paved the way for the UFO and alien abduction claims that came soon after beginning with Kenneth Arnold and Roswell in the '40s. I tried to get a decent audio version. The one is found is a stereo rebroadcast of the original.
  4. Midnight Audiophile

Ai Illustration fun for Halloween - 1938 War of the Worlds broadcast

This is a video I put together using Ai generated illustrations from DALL•E 2 and upscaled with Gigapixel Ai, just in time for October 30, the date of the original broadcast in 1938. Ai art is an interesting resource that's just now coming into it's own for art directors and creators. To me it's...
  5. Midnight Audiophile

Wanting to build 2 small subwoofers to go on either side of my fireplace - advice appreciated

A design with four 4” drivers similar to the Dayton Audio MKSX4 may work. It’s close to fitting your space as it is at 15 x 35.5 x 40.6 cm. https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-MKSX4-Four-4-Driver-Low-Profile-Passive-Subwoofer-300-495
  6. Midnight Audiophile

Other sources for reasonable speaker reviews?

There's a big spike from 45-65Hz There's a big spike from 45-65Hz. Without EQ: With EQ: The small subs give me all the bass I need for the music I listen to. I tried to level match them past 100Hz since I run them in stereo (you can switch it back and forth from mono on the SX95, I like...
  7. Midnight Audiophile

No, that's a brick bar and it really loads that corner up with bass. There's a fireplace in the center of the brick wall behind the couch. It's not been used for 15 years and needs some brick work. This is a converted garage-to-den. There's a concrete floor that is padded and carpeted. I like...
  8. Midnight Audiophile

Right on : ). I sprinkle my weed on a bed of tobacco in that pipe. My desktop system is a bit creative. I sit 18" to 24" from it usually. I have it connected via a Rolls SS32 switch to the MacPro directly to use as a computer-only speaker, and then it's also connected to the 3.5" aux on the A07...
  9. Midnight Audiophile

Sure thing, here are a few sloppy photos to help visualize. Tweeters are 42” apart at a height of 40” from the floor. It’s 42” from the tweeters to the listening position (each ear) at 40” from the floor also. The brick wall behind the couch is fairly loaded up with bookcases for diffusion and...
  10. Midnight Audiophile

Here's a post with a little more info about the setup. I'm hitting 100% on the D50 clarity with Yamaha's (the Spektor 2s were 99.8%). https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measure-your-c50-in-rew-and-tell-us-how-your-bass-sounds.22567/page-2#post-1349928...
  11. Midnight Audiophile

I agree. I was looking for some reviewer info on the NS-333s and it's the only decent one I found so that's why I say "I took the leap" knowing I could return them to Amazon. The NS-333s have been around for more than 15 years so they predate the current trend of bookshelf speaker releases that...
  12. Midnight Audiophile

Lol, I have no interest in convincing you of anything.
  13. Midnight Audiophile

I disagree. I would consider this a subjective review from Audioholics with no measurements that I found very useful and took the leap and bought a pair Yamaha NS-333s for $230 to try out for my coffee-table system...
  14. Midnight Audiophile

Recordings that can demonstrate Stereo Imaging

This is the song I always check my left and right channels with. 19 year-old Angus on the left, 21 year-old Malcolm on the right. Tony Currenti on drums, I’ve seen both George Young and Rob Bailey credited on bass, and of course Bon Scott on vocals. One the few recordings where Malcolm plays...
  15. Midnight Audiophile

Measure your C50 in REW and tell us how your bass sounds!

Just saw this about a week ago and plan to update the calibration file for my UMIK-1 next round of measurements. Just an FYI for those that have been using a UMIK-1 for a while: https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/new-umik-1-calibration-files.9308/
Top Bottom