Recent content by MiCoHi

1. M

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

On further tweaking, it seems that some careful balancing has to be done to preserve the gain structure when used in different modes: As I use Roon to stream to my Neumann lounge system, I tend to prefer using the volume adjustment via DSP as the DX5 is not within reach. This means that the...
  2. M

Issue seems to be resolved by installing V1.40 of the firmware. This allows for a volume controlled phones output or a fixed level DAC mode. As revealed in post #476 of this thread.
  3. M

Thanks for the reply, but in this mode, the line out from the back will trigger my KH750 to spring into life and will flood the lounge with the same audio I've got in the headphones. I need a unit that can swap between headphone amp only mode and then pure DAC out mode, so that's line 1 and...
  4. M

Just taken delivery of my DX5 today and loving the sound so far. However, am I right in thinking that when DAC mode is selected (I am using the unit to power my Neumann active monitor setup), it effectively kills the phones out? I got the unit with the intention of having it as a one-box...
  5. M

USB Audio Interface to Drive Neumann KH750/KH80

Calibration complete with a Scarlett 18i20 and a laser measure plus mic stand. Sounding scarily good now, even at well off axis and beyond Neumann’s recommended distances.
  6. M

Yes, you should be fine. I've just read the updated review of the 204HD by Amir and the output doesn't even get up to the lacklustre specs it seems. Pity as the overall feel of the Behringer is pretty good and I wanted to like it as a little underdog interface.
  7. M

Possibly just found out why the 404HD had issues - the manual states max output as +3dBu - that's only 3.1V peak to peak, whereas the M4 is rated at +16dBu or 13.8V peak to peak - a huge difference. You pays your money etc!!
  8. M

PS, I’ll be making up my own 1/4” TRS jack to xlr cables - all Neutrik and wired as ground, hot & cold on pins 1,2 & 3.
  9. M

I’ve ordered the M4 - no Uk stock at the moment so a small wait of around 10 days I’m told. The D10s feeds the Neumanns perfectly well and via unbalanced phono jacks too, so I was very surprised that the Behringer didn’t work. Yes, phantom was on and there was plenty enough gain to cause...
  10. M

Currently running the above speaker combo driven by a RasPi Roon endpoint which feeds into a Topping D10s as a listening room setup. Wanting to run the Neumann MA1 on the system, so will need a simple USB audio interface for the calibration and will probably leave the interface installed...
Top Bottom