Recent content by mickeyd123

1. M

Review and Measurements of Monoprice Hybrid Tube Amp

One last comment, the same sound quality issues were apparent for me via bluetooth, with the sad addition of drop outs from time to time.
  2. M

Feel free to ping Amir and pay shipping, he is free to donate it with my blessing if he does not want to keep it.
  3. M

Someon Sound quality- the two units I returned had audible hum even before headphones were plugged in, and distortion during headphone listening. I did not connect any speakers but no reason to think it would have been better.
  4. M

I supplied the unit, it is the 25 watt version and cost me $99 on sale. The hum drove me crazy and this is the second return under their warranty, so luterally this is the 3rd unit. I did not open this one but sent it unopened to Amir, hoping that we got lucky on the third try. It is indeed...
  5. M

Review and Measurements of Klipsch PowerGate DAC & Amp

I got one on clearance last year from buydig.com for $100. Works fine for light speaker listening.
  6. M

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

Thanks, and is there anything measurable in the idea that a better cd transport gives more error free transmission of the bits from the disc compared to less expensive cd players used as transports?
  7. M

Thanks a bunch, when I saw the pictures above of jitter and SPDIF I got worried.. lol.
  8. M

Question if I am using a cd player purely as a transport going into my RME ADI-2 DAC am I better off using coaxial compared to an optical toslink cable as far as any degradation? or is that on a case by case basis according to the player itself?
  9. M

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

So an open challenge to the group, can someone come up with a complete DIY parts list to build your own OKTA- https://www.oktoresearch.com/modules.htm
  10. M

It would be great to see a sort of compilation view of top 5 DAC's in each budget range $100-300, $400-800 and $800+ that ASR has tested and ranks. Same for amps as well.
  11. M

So is it fair to say the recent top rated overall cost no object DACs tested by ASR are, Gustard Dac-X26, Okto DAC8, RME ADI-2 DAC, SMSL D1, Benchmark DAC3 and Exasound E32?
  12. M

Study: Headphone Amp Gains: Low or High?

So am I better off using the lowest gain or middle gain on the THX AAA 789?
  13. M

Yes the other thing to consider is that if you are looking at headphone amp capabilities,the RME ADI-2 DAC has that built in, which the Gustard does not... I also would be willing to bet on a better stateside and euro side warranty and repair infrastructure for RME at this time.
Top Bottom