Recent content by michman66

1. michman66

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

No I did mean the EL DACII, I know it doesn't have a headphone amplifier or Bluetooth. I was speaking directly about my impressions about the Topping D50s I own vs the ELDAC II. DAC TO DAC. https://jdslabs.com/product/el-dac-ii/
  2. michman66

I have the topping D50s I just got a JDS LDAC and I must say it has bettered the d50s by far. I would highly encourage someone to give the JDS a try they have a two-week return policy I really feel you would be very pleasantly surprised and it's an American company! Number two the power supply...
  3. michman66

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

I own a D50S. I have used both USB and Spdif. Two completely different pathways. FWIW, USB was; laptop ** Using Jriver direct to D50s. Then I saw a Darko YT video on an ALLO Signature One which works with a Ras pi. I am not a technician. I do know how to build small projects. I used a 3+ The...
  4. michman66

Last time I searched for this product I could find anyone who sells it? I'd like to get one.
  5. michman66

SMSL SA400

Thank you, good reply, I'm not buying this amp, heheh even though some of the Youtube reviewers say it's a very good buy and competes with 3k amps.
  6. michman66

SMSL SA400

Thank you kindly, I did see the review but not the thread. This site has so much content. Is there a recommend list for categories, pre amps, amps, etc in price ranges. I need a good pre amp my budget is 500 and less same with amp 2nd. I have a Linn Lk140 I like it very much. I lived with the...
  7. michman66

SMSL SA400

Anyone own this amp and can provide feedback.
  8. michman66

Review and Measurements of Schiit Saga Tube Pre-amp

I had the first version and I wound up selling it as I could not get the volume I like ( sometimes) loud enough. My Amp is a Linn LK 140 with 22k input impedance. Seeing this review helps me understand why. My Dac has a 2v output and low output impedance ( D50s)
  9. michman66

SMSL SA400 Power Amp - 230 WPC into 4 Ohms

Happy I found this thread. I took delivery of a DA9. At 46 volume setting I started to heard distortion from the right speaker, and Vandersteen 1ci's. It was loud, but not ear bleeding but good. Some music tracks are lower volume than others. So I'm thinking coukd this be clipping or a defective...
  10. michman66

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Hi, mind sharing your thoughts. I was thinking about this one. Preliminary ideas.
  11. michman66

Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Review (headphone Adapter)

I have high interest in this thread. I'd like to pull the trigger on one. The Linsoul E1A for 119.00 on Amazon looks like it would be a step up all the way around? Or are you all holding pat on Sonata Pro pound for pound best buy.
  12. michman66

Best budget DAC nowadays?

I have a D50S in my main rig. You sold it and the Tempotec just as good? Really? I'm looking at the Linsoil G3 and Hidez S9. And DX3Pro. Thx
  13. michman66

AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt Review (Portable Headphone Adapter)

I'm in dongle hell too right now. I like your comments and see you have listened to a fair share of the top ones here on ASR. I may have missed it, have you heard the Hidez S9 vs G3. I was also considering the Topping DX3Pro. The Linsoil is 119 on Amazon like your comments reviews are very high...
  14. michman66

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

I found 1 member who swapped out stock Op Amp, waiting for reply, have any others?
Top Bottom