Recent content by Michael42

1. M

Advice for good living room sound system (streaming, multi room)

Yes, the NAD M33 would be nice. But this would cost an additional 1850€ / 2200$. So I guess I'll stay with the C658 and the C298. Do you think it the M33 is really that much better soundwise? I can give it a try but I have to be careful. I already have tough discussions because we would need to...
  2. M

I hope they fixed the imporant bugs in the NAD C658 in the last half year. The newer comments sound quite good. So it seems that the did a lot of work in the meantime? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/nad-c658-streaming-dac-review.12090/page-12
  3. M

Yesterday I went to the hifi shop with my wife. She liked the Bluesound speakers very much. So we are going for the NAD C658 in combination with an NAD C298 and the KEF R7. This combination sounded very good (although I did not have the chance to hear the NAD C298, but we had a comparable...
  4. M

Yes. I have thought about active speakers. For example from a Nubert (German company). https://www.nubert.de/nupro-x-6000-rc/p3351/?category=254 (sorry, only german language). But I guess it might be more difficult to extend this configuration later. Thank you I'll take a look at them...
  5. M

Thank you both for this interesting input. I will take a closer look at PiCorePlayer and Volumino. Does a Raspberry or PC provide a good quality through the sound output? I looked for the suggested amplifiers but it seems that they are not easily available in Europe/Germany. Maybe I should have...
  6. M

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

Thank you. I created this thread: Advice for good living room sound system (streaming, multi room) I´m also looking forward to the test of the NAD M33. Regards, Michael
  7. M

Hi all, my old stereo system is about 30 years now.It's from an company named Fisher with a receiver (2x100 W), separate FM radio and a turntable. Later I added a Technics SL PGA 500A CD player. This system is still working and sounding quite good besides of a jammed cassette deck, a broken...
  8. M

This is very interesting. I saw that C658 has "ESS Sabre D/A-Wandler with 24 Bit / 192 kHz Auflösung" while M33 has "32 Bit/384 kHz ESS Sabre D/A-Wandler". Does someone has more information? Would you guys see a problem with buying an all-in one solution instead of separate modules? My old Hifi...
  9. M

Hi, sorry if I may ask a stupid question as I'm new to hifi. As I understand it a combination of C658+C298 and the M33 provide a similarset of features? For example both provide BluOS Multiroom streaming, Dirac and Purify Technology for the amp. The biggest difference for me is that M33 is a...
  10. M

Hi, I read this discussion with a lot of interest. I'm currently thinking about a combination of NAD C658 and NAD 298. I would probably get KEF R7 as speakers. What do you think about this combination? The NAD M33 also looks nice. But the price difference is quite big and my wife is not happy...
Top Bottom