Recent content by mhardy6647

1. mhardy6647

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

wait -- are y'all talkin' about silver or tin? Now I'm confused. This thread is so mercurial.
  2. mhardy6647

How Long Do Speakers Sound as They Were Designed ?

The best part of a century -- for the good ones. They weren't using electrolytics in crossovers in those days, either. ;) Although AlNiCo magnets are sensitive to mechanical shock and just plain old use and benefit from occasional recharging. Electrodynamic (electromagnetic) drivers can be...
  3. mhardy6647

Break from Tekton Thread

Actually, the Heresy (H700) was a relatively late Klipsch "Heritage" product: 1959, give or take. :)
  4. mhardy6647

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

Something about speakers and volume pricing strikes me as awfully funny in a dad-humor-pun kind of way... :p;):cool::facepalm:
  5. mhardy6647

Come to think of it, this is pretty much the way that SpaceX approached building a heavy lifting rocket, isn't it? ;):cool::facepalm: SpaceX... hmm... who's their CEO? ;)
  6. mhardy6647

Yeah, it seems like a bad idea. Kind of like, I don't know, taking 65536 Mabuchi motors* and running a Tesla S with them. ... or... 9,648 AA batteries, as in the case of the fabled Mercedes AA Class eSedan. __________ * Yes, 2^16 of 'em. ;):cool:
  7. mhardy6647

I have what may be an overly naive question about this tweeter array business. Arraying* a whole bunch of identical drivers doesn't change the Fs of any one of those drivers -- or does it? If it doesn't, how is it safe to drive an array such that any one of the drivers is asked to respond to...
  8. mhardy6647

Break from Tekton Thread

Another tidbit from our recent outing (or, as I like to call them: Mid-Atlantic Coastal Slogs) from NH to VA and back. Being older Americans, Mrs. H and I require relatively frequent (ca. 1-1/2 to 2 hour interval) stops when traveling by auto for several old-person-appropriate reasons. Being...
  9. mhardy6647

Break from Tekton Thread

We were just down in NoVA (Alexandria, VA, specifically) for a few days visiting our son & daughter-in-law. Beautiful down there already. Got home & our lawn's starting to turn green. There was still some snow in the shadow-y areas of our property when we left. We went up to Pittsburgh, NH...
  10. mhardy6647

Break from Tekton Thread

He/she/they can probably do Neutrix. :cool:
  11. mhardy6647

Great driver for single driver no crossover speaker?

Nope, neither -- although fullrange is usually, at least practically speaking, oxymoronic. Indeed, I'd opine that an 8 inch driver is just about the optimum (Platonic ideal?) form factor for a good extended-range driver. It's just that my tastes in same run towards the vintage and somewhat...
  12. mhardy6647

Break from Tekton Thread

Saw this on the Polk forum. Seems like this thread is a good place to share it with all y'all (although of course I'd usually drop it into the humor thread). :)
  13. mhardy6647

Great driver for single driver no crossover speaker?

Yeah. I'm the wrong person to ask offer an opinion on great "full range" drivers on this forum. ;)
  14. mhardy6647

What do you guys think of the newly released Nobsound E6?

NOT to suggest that the E6 is good, but I reckon that to say "impossible to use" is hyperbole. ;)
  15. mhardy6647

A Call For Humor!

The local pharmacy used to have a Dali clock -- kind of oozing off of a shelf. I quite liked that one. There are also, of course, the Einsteinian clock: There's also the maths clock.
Top Bottom