Recent content by mglobe

1. M

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

In terms of those who passed too young, Jimi Hendrix because of all the things he would have done. In terms of those I wish would never pass, John Prine for his empathy, intelligence, humor, love for life, and of course his song writing.
  2. M

Phono Cartridge Response Measurement Script

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but… Any commentary on the “Ultimate Analog Test LP” vs the other top choices CBS and CA?
  3. M

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

I really don’t see a pattern in this thread of generational bias/favoritism. It’s certainly not something I’m interested in.
  4. M

Here’s a more recent one. Billie Eilish. I totally dismissed her at first. Late last year I actually sat down and listened. I’m a total fan now and I’m well over 60 years old.
  5. M

There’s basically two Fleetwood Mac’s. The Peter Green version and the Stevie Nicks version. Purely a personal thing, but I love the former. I can not listen to the latter. To each his own!
  6. M

Recommend me some fun speakers for a large room, don't need to be "reference"

What’s your definition of fun? Big cool looking speakers, retro, capable of high spl, big bass,…?
  7. M

Every few years I try again with Beefheart and I still don’t get it, even after more decades having passed than I’d like to admit.
  8. M

Led Zeppelin – I was 14 when the first album came out, and I just didn’t get it. In my “defense” I was used to The Monkees. I figured it out in a year or two. The Specials — Bought their first album, played it once, and put it on the shelf for about a year before I got it back out again...
  9. M

Help me choose.minidsp htx or anotelope orion studio sc core 3

They are very different devices. What will the system look like? What are you trying to acheive?
  10. M

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Erik Andersen Tekton guys
  11. M

Totally agree. There’s a 100% chance that another review of a Tekton speaker will end up with the exact same result in terms of interaction with EA as we’ve seen with these two reviews? Why continue it? If your objective is to shine a particular light on EA, that’s already happened. Can’t...
  12. M

So close it as an act of mercy.
Top Bottom