Recent content by mfgillia

1. M

Goldensound and his golden ears...

Evidently that post was deleted by the administrator and that account may now be blocked.
  2. M

Why SINAD is not important (article)

IMHO the title seems fine as it accurately summarizes the authors conclusions succinctly regardless whether one agrees with their conclusions about SINAD's relevance as an indicator for audio performance. Reading through some of the prior comments though, it appears that some equate questioning...
  3. M

KEF LSX Review (Wireless Speaker)

For nearfield on a desk I prefer the LSX though I know many who prefer the larger system due to deeper bass. For a 12 sqm room the LSX does sound better and fuller than a system it's size should but I prefer the LS50w for the larger woofer and ability to serve double duty in a 5.1 surround system.
  4. M

KEF LSX Review (Wireless Speaker)

I own both the LSX and LS50w. Highly recommend interested buyers spend more on version 2 just for the new app alone. The app for version one is consistently rated among the worst for android, which for many of us significantly impacts usability and harmoniously living with both systems over the...
  5. M

Buchardt A500 subjective review

Thanks for the post - I was wondering how someone coming from a higher end system than mine that included room correction and dsp would feel about the Buchardts. Your impression is very much aligned with my own experience - i.e., not a marginal improvement but a significant, immediately...
  6. M

Buchardt A500 subjective review

In his standalone review of the A500s he also said they were more or less 2x better than the original Kef LS50 wireless, which may seem a bit shocking at first but I did find his rationale to be generally persuasive. I suspect his point in this last review was most likely more simple and direct...
Top Bottom