Recent content by MeZoX

1. MeZoX

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

honestly I don't believe the issue is audible even at 100% volume , Anyways I have the DAC connected to a 2.1 setup intended for nearfield listening at my pc , with two 8" studio monitors I barely even let the sound go over 30% and anything over that I will be damaging to my hearing , I got it...
  2. MeZoX

sending it back will be a very expensive process for me ,is there a way to check if it needs to be sent back in the first place ?
  3. MeZoX

anyway to know if this is in need to update firmware ? just got it this week
  4. MeZoX

OP should update the review to include the distortion issue with early releases , as done with the M500 I just got an SMSL SU-9 myself today based on the recommendation from the review, only to figure out later on when reading more into this thread that it has the distortion problem lol
  5. MeZoX

Help me determine 2.1 speaker placement in a new small room intended for single person use

yeah its just the wide angle lens that's causing the the side walls to appear more stretched I think
  6. MeZoX

Help me determine 2.1 speaker placement in a new small room intended for single person use

yeah sadly thats the only little space i can get to be fully mine lol i was thinking the same thing about how a tight fit it would be ,i am thinking about mounting it above the TV m its a little challenging to find bookshelf wall mounts that allow for an incline toward the floor since the krk...
  7. MeZoX

need help with suggestions please , I am in the process of furnishing the house so i can still make modifications to the room before painting and electrical fittings are done
  8. MeZoX

I have a very small room in the roof of my new house , its rectangular shape 1.78m x 2.2m I have 2xKRK G4 8" and KRK 10'' subwoofer I want to place a 55" OLED screen between the speakers on the 1.78m side of the room , the speakers would be a bit further up from the screen and a bit angled in...
  9. MeZoX

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

not exactly a desktop , I use a recliner and lap desk
  10. MeZoX

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

wouldnt the balanced connection remove any ground loop anyways ?
  11. MeZoX

Desktop speakers for listening to trance/hiphop

you still Have your JBL's ? if you do you dont really need to replace them , just add a subwoofer
  12. MeZoX

bigger monitors wont replace your need for a subwoofer for music enjoyment , they can be useful for someone who mixes music as he can get a sense of sub bass frequencies , but not for music enjoyment
  13. MeZoX

You will need the subwoofer, specially for those genres , try to allocate it in your budget , for best music experience you should have a sloping down frequency response from atleast 30Hz , you wont be able to do that with monitors alone , without the sub you will find yourself increasing...
  14. MeZoX

Its a well integrated system with the sub , gives a very good result without a need for external crossover hardware , I have the same but with the 8’’ and the 10s2 sub
  15. MeZoX

smaller studio monitors would be preferable tbh since you are using them at a desk , since all active monitors have a hiss , the bigger ones you would need more distance from them for the hiss to become non audible...
Top Bottom