Recent content by meszrum

1. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

From my experience it is all about the mastering quality if it comes to hi res. Low DR mastered material put into 24-192 container will give you nothing but the headache. There is audible difference between 16-44.1 and the higher resolution - I can hear the difference listening to the Nick...
  2. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

Yup, it's possibly the cable. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-mini-streamer.31182/post-1277703 However it is hit or miss with the cable/DAC combination.Optical Audioquest Pearl works with CD-S2100 properly, but does not work with WXC-50 when streaming 24-192. The...
  3. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

Well... you nailed it big time. I have really no words of praise for your inquisitiveness and creativity. Thank you. ...it is working now, of course.
  4. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

Exactly, WiiM is a great device. Being it gapless in the near future for AM is everything I could ever ask for. Especially taking into consideration how pricey comptetitors are usually abandoned in terms of any development by its creators just after hitting the market. Brantome and onlyoneme -...
  5. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

This is how Amazon Music app (Android) looks with subscription assigned to Poland. Clearly Alexa is missing at the bottom, so my guess is that it (cast functionality) is on Amazon side. It is beyond WiiM developers. This leads me to the reflection that Polish AM subscribers can forget about...
  6. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thank you for your time and involvement - when I go to the Alexa 'About' the 'Host Name' is alexa.amazon.com. I created test account @UK Amazon and in the Amazon Music app (after signing in) the Alexa icon appeared (right at the bottom). When I sign in with my PL account of Amazon Music into...
  7. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

Yup, it seems to be country assignment issue then.
  8. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

Yes, I have exactly the same issue as onlyoneme. Alexa app sees WiiM Mini device and recognizes my Amazon Music subscription. Alexa app can cast to the WiiM Mini. The Amazon Music does not see the WiiM Mini device. I am EU resident (PL) - I suppose the issue persists because of a country issue...
  9. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

From whatever reason I cannot get casting from the Amazon Music to the WiiM Mini to work from within the Amazon Music app. WiiM Mini is just not visible as a casting target. I signed in to the Alexa service in WiiM Home app (same account as the Amazon Music). What is even more curious the Alexa...
  10. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thank you for confirmation. So probably Amazon Music made some changes in search engine.
  11. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

Amazon Music 'search' implemented in WiiM Home app stopped working today (for me). I can still play tracks from history or Playlists, Charts etc. within the WiiM Home app, but 'search' engine gives no results. Tidal search within WiiM Home works fine. Native Amazon Music app also works fine...
  12. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

I use WiiM Mini as a transport for Amazon Music UHD to the DAC (Yamaha CD-S2100). For local NAS playback I use Yamaha WXC-50 as a transport. Since WXC-50 does not support Amazon Music I gave WiiM a try. WiiM is capable of streaming 24-192 to the DAC via Toslink, however it was not possible...
  13. M

WiiM Mini Streamer

WiiM Mini would be better than Chromecast then. WiiM can handle files up to 24-192 while Chromecast is capable of 24-96 (if you try to send 192kHz file using Chromecast then it downsamples the kHz to 96). I do use Bubbleupnp on a daily basis - my transport is mainly WXC-50 which feeds the DAC...
Top Bottom