Recent content by MenloBob

1. M

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

If you liked Khorns you should audition Klipsch Jubilees and JBL M2s.
  2. M

EQ in ROON guidance

Sibilance on male or female vocals (or both)? What does your Roon eq look like now? You might want to try a high shelf filter (usually Filter 5 in Roon is pre-configured as high shelf). You can drag down to adjust the gain and left and right to adjust the frequency where you're dropping the...
  3. M

Post-Pandemic, Return-to-Office Systems

I went full time remote despite living 20 mins from the office. So my office system is a pair of JBL EON 715's hooked up to a Motu M4 for those times I need to wake up my wife from the office... ;)
  4. M

Replacement 6.35mm Barrel Connector for FX-Audio DAC X6

These look like a good candidate: https://www.amazon.com/6-35mm-Stereo-Socket-Panel-Connectors/dp/B00X77SZ6O
  5. M

Chord Hugo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

It's ridiculous that a $3k device doesn't have acceptable noise isolation through USB.
  6. M

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

This hits exactly the target audience, people doing computer DSP active crossover setups with Roon, Audiolense, Acourate and Rephase. Extra analog and digital inputs for sources would be nice, but not mandatory. This is actually a surprisingly large market, might be enough for me to replace my...
  7. M

Nice. This is very hard to accomplish with the convolver outside of Roon, which is what you need if you have non Roon sources. It's such a shame Roon hasn't added input sources for RoonBridge.
  8. M

So pre convolver (stereo source) digital volume with Roon's DSP and fixed volume into the Ultralite output channels?
  9. M

How are you currently doing Roon volume control with the Ultralite?
  10. M

Tech Support experience with MOTU

Combine this with their outstanding price/performance and it's hard to go wrong with Motu. I have an M4 for my office setup and an Ultralite AVB for my active crossover system.
  11. M

PRESONUS AudioBox Go

If you don't have hard to drive headphones a Motu M4 would be a good choice. I drive JBL PA speakers in my office with one.
  12. M

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Marmalade, I like marmalade. ;)
  13. M

Competition for Danley’s Hyperion

Those are the real deal M2 horns on the PBN, but he won't disclose where they come from. Read into that what you will.
  14. M

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

I use Roon with a dozen different CCAs playing Qobuz content all the time, sometimes all perfectly synchronized at up to 96/24. I'd be willing to bet the problem is spotty WiFi. I have an Orbi mesh system with really rock solid connections.
  15. M

Compression drivers?

Find somewhere to audition JBL M2s to answer your question.
Top Bottom