Recent content by melvinjames

1. M

New ASR logo proposal

How about a riff on this LOL:
  2. M

New ASR logo proposal

I like everything about V1B. Nice work sir.
  3. M

How MANY Streaming Services Do You Use?

Apple Music Pandora Radio Paradise The Jazz Groove
  4. M

Best Movie Explosion Audio

U-571 - the depth charges were incredible if memory serves.
  5. M

Does you love of gear exceed your love of music?

I’m a music lover, of course, but I’ve been fascinated with gear since I can remember. I was hooked the moment my 12 year old eyes and ears saw and heard my uncle Charlie’s gorgeous wall of stuff. I was just mesmerized and a lifelong curiosity was born. 54 years later I'm past the need to...
  6. M

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

I have the Node 2 (still in use at work) and the N130 (home). I didn't think the sound quality was any different between the two using coax or optical out. Also, I didn't hear a significant difference using USB-out with any of the DACs I tried it with. And no, I didn't do any blind testing...
  7. M

Why buy or use CDs when streaming is more convenient?

I ripped my CDs years ago as well but held on to them until recently. I'll be moving from a 3-bedroom house with lots of storage into a 1-bedroom apartment in the Spring so space will be an issue. Funny, I got rid of the CDP quite a while ago, had no intention of purchasing a new one, and still...
  8. M

headphones for films

FWIW the AirPods finally arrived and I spent a good amount of time with them yesterday listening to Apple Music and watching some Prime and Apple TV+ content. Pairing with each of my 3 Apple devices (iPad, MacBook, ATV 4K) was a breeze. I found them to be very comfortable, after a bit they just...
  9. M

headphones for films

Thanks for sharing this Adam. I've only read about Spatial Audio and am looking forward the experience.
  10. M

headphones for films

This is encouraging!
  11. M

headphones for films

Timely topic for me. I'll be moving from a single-family house to an apartment in the near future and I want to have all my music and video bases covered. I already have some over-ear wired headphones I'm happy with but wanted a wireless option so I took a chance on the new AirPod Pro (USB-C)...
  12. M

Lenbrooke acquires MQA

I had an interesting email conversation with Bill Goldsmith shortly after RP started offering MQA streams and, to boil it down, he told me RP encodes their own files and only at 16/44.
  13. M

Lenbrooke acquires MQA

My latest Lenbrook purchase (Bluesound Node N130) will be my last.
  14. M

AirPods Pro 2 - CNET's review and a somewhat refreshing admission of bias

I don't often read this type of comment from the mainstream outlets: "Let me start by saying that the average listener will be hard-pressed to notice a difference in sound quality between the old and new AirPods Pro 2. They both sound excellent for how lightweight they are, which is partially...
  15. M

Who are the people who vote "poor" on great equipment, and "great" on poor equipment?

Notating how many votes in each category are from Forum Donors may help with possible troll votes. Maybe?
Top Bottom