Recent content by melindro

1. M

Connection question for DAC to active monitors

Hi everyone, TL;DR: I have a headphone setup which is a Musical Fidelity MX-DAC connected to a Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear, for headphone listening and I want to also connect active monitors to it. Should I connect them directly to the DAC or to the headphone amp pre out? I have recently...
  2. M

Musical Fidelity M6si cracks and pops and then nothing. What could it be?

The hum always came from the unit nt the speakers even with nothing connected to it. I'll update the thread once I manage to get it serviced. I hope it's not too difficult in the current circumstances. Hooked up the speakers to the good old Marantz (funny this one might be close to 30 years...
  3. M

Musical Fidelity M6si cracks and pops and then nothing. What could it be?

Hi all, I suspect the outcome of all this will be for me to send it for servicing but I wanted to ask in case anyone might know how bad it is and how expensive the repair might be. I bought a Musical Fidelity M6si around three years ago. Second hand. From March 2014. Worked well even though it...
  4. M

DAC + Amp suggestion for HD800s, LCD-2F?

Thanks for your replies. There seems to be consensus. I wonder if getting something like the SMSL SU-8 and a monoprice thx aaa-887 might be a better option? Separates give me some more flexibility and I don't need the RME PEQ and other features. I'd save a bit and looking at measurements in...
  5. M

DAC + Amp suggestion for HD800s, LCD-2F?

Hi all, I’d like to ask for advice on a decent DAC + Amp setup for a new hifi station I am planning on building that is somewhat future proof for the cans I am looking to buy down the line. TL;DR: I have 1000EUR to spend on a DAC and AMP (if combo, it needs preamp out like maybe the RME ADI-2)...
  6. M

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Just out of curiosity, what DAC and Amp did you use for your subjective listening tests @amirm ?
Top Bottom