Recent content by meinhard57

1. meinhard57

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

I would say “yes”. They’re driving my Thiel CS 2 2’s with a LOT of room to spare!
  2. meinhard57

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

I was in a Hi-Fi shop in Albuquerque a few years ago with a friend and we were talking with a the salesman about some new streaming units, Class D amps and how things have changed since the 1970’s. I proceeded to make a JOKE about the green CD edge markers and he just said “yeah, that was a...
  3. meinhard57

I built one of these as dual-mono amp and can confirm that the "lit LEDs" is normal behavior. As Walzingbear mentioned, output wires should "go into" the terminals the other way. On my build (after a forum member mentioned it), I went in and fixed it, but not sure how big a deal it actually...
  4. meinhard57

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Just wanted to post a follow-up - after trying out a Topping E30 (had issues with unit not turning on and off properly) I repurchased this DAC from Amazon US and it works fine now with Roon using USB (and also for TV sound via the optical input). Very pleased!
  5. meinhard57

Sorry for late response - Ghent sells two cases for this application - one is 200 mm wide and this one is 300 mm. I opted for the larger case because (a) I think it looks better and (b) I thought heat might dissipate a little better in this case. You are right - there is some open space on the...
  6. meinhard57

Thanks for the note - I can confirm that there no bare wires touching any components
  7. meinhard57

Thanks. Hard to do with 12 AWG wire, but I’ll give it a shot. Bob
  8. meinhard57

Thanks for the comment - how would I do this? Is the issue the way the speaker cables are connected on opposite sides of the terminals? Or the length of the cables? I appreciate the input... Bob
  9. meinhard57

I thought the group might like to see the finished product - Hypex NC400 Full Dual Mono DIY Build, using the Ghent 300mm case. BTW - I am not bragging, just for info :). I didn't like the binding posts that Ghent supplied, so I sourced some pure copper ones from AliExpress (took 3 weeks to...
  10. meinhard57

WTB - Hypex Dual-Mono NC400-Based Power Amplifier - SOLD

Wanted a complete dual-mono setup. Also, Hypex recommends the separate power supplies in their documentation.
  11. meinhard57

WTB - Hypex Dual-Mono NC400-Based Power Amplifier - SOLD

I bought this Ghent Audio case https://ghentaudio.com/kit/ncore-se-300w.html (I actually used eBay for mine, but I do not see a listing for the case right now). I then bought the Amps and Power Supplies from DIYClassD.com in The Netherlands (2) NC400s https://www.diyclassd.com/product/nc400/11...
  12. meinhard57

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Yeah - I guess I should have qualified what I said more precisely. It doesn't work with either DietPi or RoPieee as a Roon endpoint (my statement about Linux was too broad). I apologize for posting this in haste. I gave up and returned it after Harry @ RoPieee gave me a few suggestions, ALL...
Top Bottom