Recent content by meibdk

1. M

Advice on AirPlay 1 streamer

Unfortunately I bought in on the Apple universe years ago. Now I’m looking for an advice on an AirPlay 1 streamer. I got tired of AirPlay 2 long ago because of lag/stuttering when adding songs to cue or reorganizing a playlist on the fly… And I have tried my Airports and different third party...
  2. M

Octo dac8 Pro and 4-way digital XO

Thanks, I’ll have a look :) I’d actually like to sack the SHD. I don’t use it for input selection anyways - it has too few. Side note… In generel I find it funny that most amps/pre-amps has several analog inputs, while most DAC’s has one TOS, one COAX and so on. IMO 2xCOAX, 4xTOS should be...
  3. M

Octo dac8 Pro and 4-way digital XO

Hi, I’ve pulled the trigger on an Octo DAC8 Pro. I need 4-way/8 ch. digital crossover and I’m currently considering a miniDSP DDRC-88D. I consider Dirac Live a bonus, but not critical, since I already own a SHD Studio. But… Are there any other good/better options I should consider anno 2022...
  4. M

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Something I can’t find on the PRE90 is how it acts during power outage. In my setup I use a power sequencer which is triggered by my DAC. … when I put the DAC into standby, the power is cut from all devices attached to the power sequencer. When power is cut from the PRE90 and power comes back...
  5. M

Semi-active bi-amping

Thanks. I'll order a pair of Mundorf Ecap Audio Raw 100uf 100v/36v DC/AC then : https://www.mundorf.com/audio/en/shop/capacitors/audio_caps_ecap/ecap_raw/ECap100/?card=2038
  6. M

Semi-active bi-amping

Thank you for a good useful reply :) 1) What would the specs of such capacitor be? XO-point for my tweeters are 2000hz and the speakers have a nominal rating of 6ohm impedance. 2) Exactly my plan - it will be a 24/dB Octave roll off. I run a sub as well, which be run through the crossover as...
  7. M

Semi-active bi-amping

A follow up question... I'm going fully active bi-amping. However, removing the passive crossovers... Is it really just that straight forwards? Rip them out and solder the wires from drivers directly onto the binding posts? Both my amps and crossover allow for gain-adjustment, I use a power...
  8. M

Semi-active bi-amping

Hi, I have an integrated amp and a power amp - the amp stages are identical. I have the opportunity to use them for bi-amping (speaker manual mentions it specifically, though nothing about active and/or passive bi-amping). Having an integrated amp mean that I cannot fully active bi-amp, but...
Top Bottom