Recent content by mediumraresteak

1. M

Budget Friendly DAC/AMP for office use

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations on a dac/amp combo to run tidal on my phone and LCD-XC 2021. I originally wanted to get a DAP, but seeing as how this set up will stay at my cubicle, I think a dac/amp will offer better bang for the buck. My budget is ~$500. Thanks in advance.
  2. M

DAP under $1000 for Audeze LCD-XC

I've been scratching my head if a DAP is worth purchasing over something like a LG V50/V60. Other audiophile sites will praise products that are worth as much as a dedicated desktop AMP/DAC combo. I don't know about reward ratio so I've capped my options to $1000 for now. I need something for...
  3. M

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

There are multiple physical mods available (SDR comes to mind), but I use Equalizer APO w/ Peace plugin. Adjusted based on and still playing around with it.
  4. M

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

SU-8 V2 + Monolith 887 + HD800 (EQ'd) = Fantastic! The EQ is necessary cause of the HD800 but I've listened for 4 hrs+ each in the first two nights without realizing it. My wife had to drag me at 2AM each night so I wouldn't miss work the next day.
  5. M

Setting Up DAC/Amp combo?

Hi, I have the SU-8 V2 and Monolith 887 on the way but have only used all-in-one solutions till now. Can someone clarify how I'm supposed to set this up as two separate units? Can I just buy XLR cables to pair the DAC/Amp and plug in my headphones to the amp? How does volume work if both have...
  6. M

SU-8 V2 + Monolith 887

Hi, I have the SU-8 V2 and Monolith 887 on the way but have only used all-in-one solutions till now. Can someone clarify how I'm supposed to set this up as two separate units? Can I just buy XLR cables to pair the DAC/Amp and plug in my headphones to the amp? How does volume work if both...
Top Bottom