Recent content by MDAguy

1. MDAguy

Accuphase DG-68

I just set this up like this.. using just the one cable... not the return cable thought, and for some reason I have no volume control... mind you, I'm using a McIntosh amp and preamp (The C1100) and a dCS Rossini in the setup, so maybe it's the way I have it wired.. Tonally, it's similar ...
  2. MDAguy

Can you hear the difference?

This is fascinating... wish they'd start rating DACs..
  3. MDAguy

Can you hear the difference?

Ok, we've established (on here at least) that DACs more or less sound the same with in reason.. How about Violins? Do they sound the same? Thoughts?
  4. MDAguy

playback of DSD file via my DAC on Roon... question ..

thanks, had a gut feeling this is what was happening, but just wasn't sure if that term "encapsulate" was literal, which it appears to be the case.
  5. MDAguy

Do We Really Need a DAC?

the world is full of ADC/DAC... forget music for a minute.. DAC chips are in a lot of things... dCS began their existence making Radar equipment for the RAF that required ADC/DAC.. Don't hold your breath for digital to analogue going away anytime soon.
  6. MDAguy

playback of DSD file via my DAC on Roon... question ..

So I downloaded some DSD128 music (NativeDSD) .. the sound is amazing indeed... taken from analog masters and recorded in the mid 1970's at the St. Josephs Oratory on the largest mechanical pipe organ in North America.. Anyway, I noticed that the DSD was (if I understand this correctly)...
  7. MDAguy

Poll: Best Looking Stereo Integrated Amp

Exactly! ... cracks me up that we're even having this conversation... that place is pirate central.
  8. MDAguy

MQA, where is decoding done, what is required?

I for one cannot figure out what all this mess is about... It appears to me that MQA isn't compressing anything into 44.1 here... or am I missing something?
  9. MDAguy

Why I don't buy re-masters..

Lately I've been on a kick to get rid of any re-master music I have and get original masters... it occurred to me a while ago, that the reason I hated so much of the music released in the 90's and 2000's is that it's just too darn loud... I remember thinking that I liked certain songs (Green...
  10. MDAguy

fair enough... and I can see why someone with a 192/24 DAC cares that he's not limited to 44.1/16 ... sometimes the mind has an affect on the senses..
  11. MDAguy

Am I the only one who finds it ironic how much debate and discussion we have on the topic of MQA here on ASR, where the mantra is pretty much all (or the overwhelming majority) of DAC's and musical equipment (baring speakers) pretty much sounds the same to the human ear? I mean if 44.1/16 is...
  12. MDAguy

Any Blue Öyster Cult fans on here?

one more reminder why I got divorced ... not that I'm recommending with parting with more than half your net worth for the privilege of listening to BOC...
  13. MDAguy

Well @Robin L guess who this is standing next to none other than Patti?? This was in San Francisco back in 2018.. BTW, we spent the entire time talking about her time working with BOC as I made it clear that I'd only heard of her after hearing her on Agents of Fortune...
  14. MDAguy

dude.. they're a super prolific band with a sound that varies from Punk rock and heavy metal to new wave and prog-rock... Start by listening to the lossless (Qobuz has 96/24) recording of their album Mirrors.... and work backwards and forwards from 1979.
  15. MDAguy

my two favorites are Mirrors and Cultusaurus! Such a prolific and very under rated band.. side note, I used to play a lot of world of Warcraft, and in my guild was non other than Eric Bloom... we still keep in touch on LinkedIn
Top Bottom