Recent content by mcphable

1. M

Topping DX7 Pro

I emailed again to see if they're still on track for release in August and asked for estimated pricing. Here's what they said: "Sorry DX7Pro will delay to at least September, we do not have price yet but sure will higher than DX7s."
  2. M

Topping DX7 Pro

For those interested, I reached out to Topping last week to see if they could give me a release date for the DX7 Pro and here is their response: "Thank you for your mail and sorry for the late reply! DX7 Pro is now being adjust for better performance, which need a lot of time to finish. We...
  3. M

DX3 Pro - How is this possible?!

I had a feeling the DX3 Pro was that good but I didn't want to spend tons of $ just to confirm. Thank you! Completely valid points and I wasn't trying to imply perfection by the time it reaches my ears. I'm painfully aware that no speaker reproduces sound perfectly, and worse still, that the...
  4. M

Great advice. How close to audio audio perfection does the DX3 Pro get? Maybe 98% of the way? I'm curious to see what it takes to get to the 99% range where getting that last 1% of perfection is hard to justify the price. I just need L/R Out for the powered Genelec monitors and a great Headphone...
  5. M

I definitely want a flat frequency response. He mentioned lack of bass extension and lack of dynamics, which I took as lack of depth/separation. Talking subjectively about music leaves everything to interpretation. I definitely don't need monitoring options (M/S, L/R, L/R swap, and such) since...
  6. M

I'm going to get cables now actually and either test tonight or in the morning! Those look like great interfaces and would be the all-in-one solution. After my experience with my Apogee Ensemble, I'm REALLY hesitant to put that much $ into an all-in-one interface especially if it turns out...
  7. M

I just spent an hour with my new DX3 Pro. Holy crap!! Low Gain mode... WOW! I've been using my Apogee Ensemble (the newer Thunderbolt version) for a couple years and assumed it was EXACTLY how my OPPO PM-3's + upgraded cable are supposed to sound. It's a $2,500 interface with presumably amazing...
  8. M

Audio Interface vs DAC + Amp or Combo

Thanks for those recommendations! I get the impression from this and other posts that the DX3 Pro gets you probably 97% of the way to "impossible to hear an improvement beyond this point" for DAC and Amp (whether combo or not). Correct me if I'm wrong there! So, that would lead me to think I...
  9. M

Audio Interface vs DAC + Amp or Combo

I'm completely new to the idea of using a DAC + Amp or Combo when I'm not in my home studio with my Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt interface. I had just been using my 2019 MacBook Pro laptop's headphone out when someone suggested I look into a DAC & Amp. My headphones are OPPO PM-3 with an upgraded...
Top Bottom