Recent content by MC_RME

1. MC_RME

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Matthias replies to Matias: No, not at all. Level changes happen prior to the output driver.
  2. MC_RME

Review and Measurements of Benchmark HPA4 Headphone Amp/Pre

I take it that you compare the number given in the ADI-2 DAC manual. Here are more details: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rme-adi-2-fs-version-2-dac-and-headphone-amp-review.13379/post-441253
  3. MC_RME

I did not want to spoil John Siau's thread so I put it here. As far as I know Amir has never measured (or published) crosstalk measurements of the ADI-2 DAC. The manual says better than 120 dB, and we mean it. This is the current ADI-2 DAC V2 measured in a way that is comparable to Amir's...
  4. MC_RME

Well, this thread is about the V2, and there you can crank up volume to +2.5 dB without overload...as described in its manual.
  5. MC_RME

PS Audio Noise Harvester AC Cleaner Review

You are right, they indeed don't rely on current running through them.
  6. MC_RME

The Greenwavefilters have an output socket, so they seem to be normal filters like the ones TA240 showed. I am still astonished that these can filter within the audioband to make an audible difference with that EMI meter. Maybe the EMI meter takes ultrasonic noise and shifts it down to audible...
  7. MC_RME

Uh oh - HiFi sounds better in Europe than in the states. I KNEW it! :p
  8. MC_RME

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Let me say it as I understood this statement: the AKM chips do not scale the filter cut-off frequency with sample rate. That is wrong. Measuring at 44.1 and 48 kHz gives two different results, in both frequency response as well as the above noise based out-of-band measurement.
  9. MC_RME

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 Pro (comparison to ADI-2 DAC)

Sorry, no. Such a unit would be too expensive to become a commercial success.
  10. MC_RME

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 Pro (comparison to ADI-2 DAC)

Mic preamps indeed need more space and make the unit more expensive. Same for adding 48V. But there is no space left on the PCB. Point is most users don't need that. And adding mic pres also would mean adding TotalMix for monitoring. That's a different unit then.
  11. MC_RME

Arcam AVR10 Review

It should have been obvious that the AHB2 leaves everything else from that list in the dust.
  12. MC_RME

Arcam AVR10 Review

Is the reconstruction filter really that bad? This measurement looks like filter overload. Could you do it with a source signal turned down a few dBs?
  13. MC_RME

ASIO, WASAPI, Direct Sound... is there any difference in sound quality?

Correct. Let me add that this is a 16 bit perfect test. Dolby/DTS is transmitted via the upper 16 bits only.
  14. MC_RME

ASIO, WASAPI, Direct Sound... is there any difference in sound quality?

Besides latency ASIO solved multiple issues of Windows audio in those times: - Bit perfect at 24 and 32 bit - synchronized start/stop of recording and playback (very important for overdubs) - higher sample rates - higher channel counts Things you need when trying to replace the 24 track...
  15. MC_RME

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

??? I use my ADI-2 Pro and ADI-2 DAC with an old Harmony One and 350.
Top Bottom