Recent content by MC_RME

1. MC_RME

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

IMHO THD deeply buried into the noise (means in the FFT plot you can't identify the harmonics visually) should not give 'valid' THD results. For example lower level parts of the yellow curve could be dashed, so it becomes clear the shown value is whatever, but not clearly identified THD.
  2. MC_RME

The 'Nihtila' does not have this usse, the (all) AKM ADC has. That is standard behaviour, very different to the ESS ADC.
  3. MC_RME

I answered that - it's not possible.
  4. MC_RME

No way. For good jitter measurements you will need to spend some money...not to say a ton of money...
  5. MC_RME

Sure, the ADI-2 Pro uses AKM in and out, and these chips do that. But this discussion is about ESS DAC, and there is no '2-Pro' with these. BTW, your ADI-2/4 has this limitation as well, but only on the ADC side and only at 7xx kHz. It's how the ESS ADC works, we can not change that.
  6. MC_RME

I would like to point out that we don't do anything like that. In fact the ES9038Q2M used in the ADI-2 DAC supports all filters in all sample rates. The AKM version (AK4493) does not, it switches to a fixed Slow filter above 192 kHz.
  7. MC_RME

Glad I could help. But @pkane surely can explain that better than me.
  8. MC_RME

Does the calculated phase from Rephase include latency? In Multitone you can add/remove the latency effect from the measurement result (left side - Remove Constant Group Delay).
  9. MC_RME

USB Noise / Ground Loop - Best Solution

This is not a solution but complete bollocks. Read the posts above!
  10. MC_RME

RME announces app control for RME Adi-2 series

As I did not see any mention here: we released version 2.0 of our ADI-2 Remote app in our forum. Final release should be there end of this week. Have a look! https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=39029
  11. MC_RME

DACs with built in PEQ like RME?

Gain is a different topic than power. You can crank up the gain either in the player or the DAC, here up to +6 dB with Volume, and many more dBs with the PEQ (wideband gain by setting the corner frequency at lowest or highest value).
  12. MC_RME

Measured of RME Fireface UC - Does my RME work properly?

Also please note that the Fireface UC is a design of 2009, with the latest hardware revision from 2014, meanwhile discontinued (but still supported)..
  13. MC_RME

Audio Precision APx516B Review

Not Amir, but - I have both. The 555 with Digital I/O Option equals the 555B, both in theoretical specs as well as in reality. Remaining difference is the CPU board which carries USB2 on the 555 and USB3 on the B (again no noticeable difference), and the included, now internal key box, which is...
  14. MC_RME

Audio Precision APx516B Review

I am missing a cross measurement to evaluate the performance of ADC and DAC path separately. Plugging the 516 output into the 555 input will give you the true performance of the 516 generator, as the 555 input has very low THD and more than good enough THD+N/SINAD. The other way round, 555...
  15. MC_RME

RME Babyface Pro FS Portable Interface Review

Yes you can via two cables TS to RCA. In 3 is left in and In 4 is right in.
Top Bottom