Recent content by maxxevv

1. maxxevv

Is COVID strategy moving towards herd-immunity?!

You made a claim. You back it up.
  2. maxxevv

Which published, peer reviewed paper said that ?
  3. maxxevv

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I have been to Kelowna, BC some 20 years ago. Gorgeous greenery !
  4. maxxevv

Guess you don't quite get the idea that the virus mutates, and mutates quite rapidly as we see multiple identifiable strains from different continents in the space of 6~7 months. As I explained in my previous reply to the idea of herd immunity, 70% population infection rates that needs to be...
  5. maxxevv

So you're will be perfectly fine if it hits and "martyrs" say 10% of your immediate family and friends ? Or even yourself for the "greater good" ??
  6. maxxevv

What are the most expensive headphones you own or have listened to?

The more expensive I have tried ? Focal Utopia, Abyss Phi, Raal SR1a, Stax SR009, Hifiman Susvara, Arya, Jade II, Meze Empyrean, Focal Stellia. HD800, HD800S, HD820. Favourite ? SR1a. In terms of closed type ones, the Focal Stellia and the HD820 are both good in their own ways. But for...
  7. maxxevv

Your mathematics have failed you. Its 3.8% mortality versus infection, not 0.4%.
  8. maxxevv

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Whiskey and Cognac works even better ....
  9. maxxevv

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Just to add, if you can't believe what Rob Watts has to say, then there really is no reason to believe in his Chord products to be magic panacea and that they are better than other cheaper competing products that measure equally or even better either.
  10. maxxevv

IMO and also a few of the others have pointed out, herd immunity only works if sufficient percentage of the population has been infected and developed immunity to it. AND equally importantly, its a stable, non-mutating virus, which it isn't ! At current rates, average mortality is like 3~4%...
  11. maxxevv

8K vs 4K for a large computer monitor?

That's part of the reason why they invented curved screens.
  12. maxxevv

recommendation for sub $1K system

Kali LP-6 - US$298/pair Topping D50S - US$250 RCA to 1/4" cables - US$50 You still have plenty (US$400) left over for a subwoofer such as the JBL 310S for US$399 Reason for the above is that the LP-6 are front ported, so they tend to (not for all designs though) do better when placed closed...
  13. maxxevv

A high end DAC that actually isn't garbage.

A fair bit of these features are software achievable. I think phone app with BT / wifi connectivity to a similar device would resolve quite a bit of the stuff. The DAC would need a processing chip to process the commands from the App. - Do a "REW-like" measurement via the phone App using...
  14. maxxevv

Audiophiles Rejoice: The Nyquist–Shannon sampling theorem actually proves high-res audio is real and works

"Feeling" sound below hearing spectrum yes. Ultrasonics ? There's no mention of how is that affirmed by the listener.
  15. maxxevv

Audiophiles Rejoice: The Nyquist–Shannon sampling theorem actually proves high-res audio is real and works

1st post by you. You trolling ? Or should I describe it as gaslighting ? :rolleyes:
Top Bottom