Recent content by maxxevv

1. maxxevv

Need Advice on Purchasing New PC

That isn't too old ... my routine (non-work) desktop has been in use since 2010. Only upgrades to date have been bigger storage drives as they got cheaper and a new monitor after my 2008 Dell Ultrasharp 24 died about 3 months back !
  2. maxxevv

Random Technical Picture Upload Thread

It was meant for the then trend of 3D video for broadcast uses. But it fizzled out before it got off the ground as the market didn't buy into the idea od 3D TVs. Its probably sitting in the storeroom somewhere of the company that commisioned the work. Fun work but very little money for all of...
  3. maxxevv

Yes, with lots of mini-motors to allow for programmable on-the fly adjustments.10 actually. 5 on each side of the stereo pair. I did the hardware interface. A partner company did the software controls.
  4. maxxevv

I was commisioned to design a 3D /stereoscopic jig for video work about 10~12years ago. Its a whole lot more demanding when compared to photography as it required adjustments for pan/tilt/yaw and bifocal displacement. As different focusing distances and lens focal lengths required different...
  5. maxxevv

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Perhaps you should ask them what's their source too. Their DAC / playback source may not be supplying the full 2V / 4V to the A90. Thus output may be lower than what the amp is capable of. May LGV40 plays significantly louder than my alternate phone an Unidigi when routed through the same...
  6. maxxevv

Looking for cheap, well-engineered streamer-DAC-preamp recommendations for XLR-input active monitors

You should take a look at Matrix's offerings if the price bracket of the Cambridge and NAD is being considered.
  7. maxxevv

Chord Hugo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

From what I see, you seem to be shifting the goalposts as the discussion progresses. I agree with @thewas and the others who aren't so apologetic about a "less than perfect" product manufacture.
  8. maxxevv

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-e1da-9038s-bal-portable-dac-amp.8424/ https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hidizs-dh80s-review-dac-amp.27942/
  9. maxxevv

The different volume controls will not give you the same voltage output. Not forgetting the inherent drive circuit design differences. It doesn't take much, but if I put two FiiO K9 Pro ESS units side by side. And if you listened to them completely blind (not even knowing what you were listening...
  10. maxxevv

Were all of them reviewd with the exact same voltage output values?
  11. maxxevv

Topping does have a NX4 DSD. Comparable (technically equivalent) SINAD on USB input and comparable (technically equivalent) power at 33 Ohm. For a miserly 1/18 of the price...
  12. maxxevv

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Yes, its all about how the context of the words are construed when it comes to colloquial terms. Its like how the UK English term of "shag" differs from how people in other places around the world who use it to denote "tiredness" instead of the original UK context. "Chi-fi" probably started...
  13. maxxevv

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

You do realise that to achieve good active crossover control of speakers, you need more than onboard DSP ? You need a full fledged GUI to get things properly aligned and correct. Not something a standalone unit can do properly without something like a tablet sized, full tilt touch interface...
  14. maxxevv

Then have you read and participated in @dualazmak 's very comprehensive discourses on active crossovers for his speakers using an 8 channel DAC ?
  15. maxxevv

For home theater, you will probably want to add one or 2 subwoofers, and that takes up the "spare" pair of channels. So where does your single HDMi connect to ? Also, as far as I'm aware, HDMI is not a 'free to use" protocol. Manufacturers need to pay a license for its use. So unless they...
Top Bottom