Recent content by maverik_77

1. maverik_77

PS Audio PowerPlant P12 Amplifier Tests (Video)

There is a video on HDMI cables by LTT, quite informative as they used proper tester to prove not all cables are the same.
  2. maverik_77

Loxjie D30 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

@amirm In conclusion, it reads "It is clear than the Loxjie D30" which should be "It is clear that the Loxjie D30".
  3. maverik_77

SMSL DP5 Music Streamer and DAC Review

All product images show model number MX-1 but the listing is for MX-3. Don't know if I would trust them.
  4. maverik_77

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

I have got the Pre90 as well as the D90. The Pre90 seem to pickup signal a bit better. When I look close, the sensor on Pre90 is around 10% covered on its left (right end of the display when we look). On the D90 around 20-25% of the sensor is covered. I believe they knew the problem in D90 and...
  5. maverik_77

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

I too have same issue. I do have a harmony sensor next to it and still does not respond some times. There is a design flaw on the D90 remore sensor positioning. It is on the right side of the display with around 15 percent on the right blocked plus sits deep. So if your dac sits on your right...
  6. maverik_77

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I don't think it is a easy swap. The form factor and pins of nanopi are totally different. They directly attach to the minidsp board through pins to get power and send audio out. I looked at that option and found that the nanopi neo4 is different from the neo2. No idea how nanopi naming works...
  7. maverik_77

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

It is a nanopi neo2 black. If I remember correctly it has a 1GB neo2 black. That said it struggled and dropped connection to my NAS through WiFi and ethernet. It does not have the processing power to handle lot of data. Had issues when running with hdd connected to USB too. People with roon...
  8. maverik_77

SMSL DP5 Music Streamer and DAC Review

With the RPI4, you can connect your dac through USB and don't need a hat like RPI3.
  9. maverik_77

Marantz SR7015 8K AVR Review

This is lower than expected from my view. I have a SR7011 and looking to upgrade for Auro 3D. Sadly may have to go the Denon way. Thanks Amir for the test and the member who sent it.
  10. maverik_77

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

I had a good laugh reading the link. Thanks for making my day.
  11. maverik_77

I only tested them when it arrived. I don't use them on a day to day basis as it is in the main system.
  12. maverik_77

I am facing probably a bug in D90 as i have come across it a few times since i have owned it from April. It is set in DAC mode with AES->XLR. Ater a week after i owned it first i found that it has defaulted back to AES->RCA. This again happened a few times. I do not change inputs on the D90...
  13. maverik_77

Review and Measurements of miniDSP SHD DAC, DSP And Streamer

If you have sub and speakers i assume you are using full blown SHD. So you have 4 outputs. The 1&2 are sent to the Subs, then 3&4 would be sent to speakers or vice versa. If you read minidsp SHD manual it has a section where it shows how to set frequency for each set of outputs where you can...
  14. maverik_77

Bass is one of the areas where you can improve a lot with sub tuning and placement to give best impact. Mostly just throwing power does not help as sometimes subs just cancel each other, mainly when both are in the same settings and not far. So absolutely it is needed to get most out. Have a...
  15. maverik_77

Ideally if you have 2 subs of the same and have left sub near left speaker and right near right speaker better to keep it split as Left and Right. Even in this config if you have different spec/brand subs better to mix them. If the sub is at corners diagonally and one of it is away from the...
Top Bottom