Recent content by Mauro

1. M

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

I just did. It works fine. I used oratory filters. The resulting timbre is better balanced but lacks some slam
  2. M

Focal Kanta 2 vs KEF R7 meta

have you thought about buying vivid Audio Speakers? Check soundstage network measurements! price is prohibitive but also revels f226be are very expensive. You need to like the look of them, though
  3. M

Hello! I bought the performa f206. Both speakers are great. I would go for the Revels but both have smooth off axis performance and perform well even if they have side walls close to them. My experience with a similar room size is that you really need some form of advanced room correction...
  4. M

Drop Ether CX Review (Closed Planar Headphone)

ETHER CX is among the best sounding closed back headphones I have tried..if not the best. Congrats @Dan Clark Treble is very well tuned. Not far from audio systems with Revel speakers in a direct comparison. I also like very much felt filters to tune the treble to my liking without using DYI...
  5. M

I wouldn’t suggest kefs as floor standing speakers. They sound small, which doesn’t match the visual expectation. This doesn’t mean at all they are bad or not neutral. Actually they are very good. I am just saying that I would go for a floorstanding speaker with wider dispersion. (BTW I...
  6. M

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

Got it. Thanks for the quick reply!
  7. M

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

Hello Dan @Dan Clark oratory1990 measured the aeon closed 2 with perforated pads and the noire (the latter in line with your measurements). - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc11x3fotqtbs7l/Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed (perforated earpads).pdf?dl=0 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx9cqi00pfzbtox/Dan...
  8. M

Arylic BP50 Preamp with HDMI ARC Review

I have got the A50+ and is very noisy using analog input. Not so bad with airplay. I would be interested in seeing a review of the H50.
  9. M

Revel Concerta C10 Review (center speaker)

Do you mean https://www.spinorama.org/? Yeah i like it, but it is still lacking in features. I am not expecting Rtings level of search engine and tools, but a web tool with graphs would be helpful. I saw many attempts around ASR with tables, links and bullet points but nothing continuously updated.
  10. M

Revel Concerta C10 Review (center speaker)

I love these series of reviews on center speakers. You are the only one to provide quality data on center speakers. And it is fundamental to have good slim center speakers for this use case. I was also planning to buy a center speaker like the Revel c208, but it would sit much lower than the TV...
  11. M

autoeq.app Is a Web Application for Equalizing Headphones the Easy Way

Never realized that “all the small things” is such a good test track for deficiencies in the treble!! This is a really really really great tool Jaakko. I still use the Qudelix implementation but the web version is so intuitive. Where can I find the instructions in the wiki or somewhere else to...
  12. M

Drop + Grell Signature Edition

Also beyerdynamic t1 and t5 have a similar position of the driver. The main advantage is a cohesive central imaging, not an out of the head experience as also Grell confirms in the video. That’s also my experience with the T5. sound was in my head but in a central position. Curious about the...
  13. M

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

BTW for everyone reading.. the audible artifacts (noise/volume compression?) of the presets in the accessibility settings seem not to be present if you use an audiogram as a sort of equalizer. If you want to experiment with it, click on Custom Audio Setup (Settings > Accessibility >...
  14. M

Kef R11 (Non-Meta) vs Revel F208

My first hand experience with their siblings (r7 and f206) tells me that both are neutral sounding. With revels having the ability to disappear as an open window and with kefs having pin point imaging capabilities. My personal preference is for revel floorstanders for sofa listening and kef...
  15. M

Nice Talk with Paul Barton of PSB Speakers

Hi Amir, why don’t you do similar interviews with people like Paul Barton, Floyd Toole and Sean Olive? I am sure you could get deeper into topics than what others can do. It would give a nice contribution to the community
Top Bottom