Recent content by -Matt-

1. M

guys home theatre visually vibrates ?

Poor guy, it must be annoying trying to watch movies whilst those two washing machines are running in his room!
  2. M

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

First thing to check is can you still access the menu via the physical buttons and display on the device? If so, it could be just the onscreen gui that has stopped working. In order for that to work "Video Conversion" has to be enabled. On my AVR (not a 6800) you go: Setup > Video > Output...
  3. M

Break from Tekton Thread

The damp weather in the UK is good for the bluebells. (My phone photo doesn't do the swathes of colour justice).
  4. M

Denon have released a firmware update that hopefully addresses the LG and Samsung audio dropouts... https://support-uk.denon.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3832/~/latest-heos-app-and-firmware-update-available
  5. M

Not being able to connect across vlans is probably expected behavior. It is more 'magic' that the AV receiver app can do this! It should be possible to work around this by setting up a firewall rule in your router to pass data from your AV receiver's IP address to your macbook (and vice versa).
  6. M

Spyware In Cars - It's Worse Than You Think

https://www.tomorrowstechnician.com/bmw-telematics/ Since 1998!
  7. M

Sorry to tell you this, but I'd expect a 2011 BMW would already have telemetry data being sent. Givaways are, does it have satnav? Does the satnav have traffic information? Does it have an SOS button? (i.e. for emergency rescue). Then it probably can dial in and send telemetry data (also...
  8. M

Motu M4 - Tear down, bit of internals analysis and few in-house measurements

Crackle noises can also be caused by selecting too low a buffer size, try a larger buffer and see if they go away. (Just something for you to try). And crackly analogue pots are very common (caused by intermittent contact between the wiper and plates) not sure why this would suggest a digital...
  9. M

Multi-tone audio testing?

Thanks. Is this used for @amirm's tests?
  10. M

Anyone know if @kemmler3D survived? :p
  11. M

Is this as good as it gets?

In the OP you mention having a miniDSP Flex with Dirac. For the response you showed above, have you run Dirac yet? Hopefully not, and if that is the case it would be good if you could post before and after responses at the mlp. The large bass shelf can probably be helped either by reducing the...
  12. M

Multi-tone audio testing?

I know this is an old thread but it still seemed like an appropriate place for this random thought... Is there already a clever way of choosing which frequencies to use when doing these multitone measurements? If you use evenly spaced tones then there is a good chance that harmonics will be...
  13. M

Your latest cool purchase

Thanks, you have inspired a purchase. (Hope it meets expectations). On a similar line I like the precise hand feel of a Swann-Morton Number 7 scalpel (for crafting etc not surgery):
  14. M

What are we listening to right now..

My 666th post!
  15. M

So called engine fuel additives - are all snake oil (or not)?

I bought an older, low mileage motorbike. Unfortunately that meant it had sat for a long time, somewhere damp, with the fuel tank nearly empty. Looking into the tank it was quite rusty. The bike would sometimes lose power at higher rpm and it turned out to be that the inline fuel filter was...
Top Bottom