Recent content by massimodec

1. M

Streamer recommendation (not WiiM Pro)

Thanks ! I respect copyrights: I like to pay for what I like ! of course: only strictly legal !
  2. M

Thank you ! I am exactly like you: old school ! But I am trying to see if there are some way to use & keep some of those new things: i.e. free concerts on digital internet radios ... I hope not being the onlyone on Earth that would like to keep them recorded in their original digital source...
  3. M

Same basic question: which streamer ? But I have some needs, since I am much more classical music guy: - extract from the streamer the original digital files to send them to my HiFi home audio system DAC: actually I would not like to convert with streamer DAC, or - worse - the PC's; - may be...
  4. M

Henry Engineering Matchbox HD RCA/XLR Converter

Is this one, very good review as well, good to go from XLR to RCA with no hummings ? or is it just a simple three-to-two connector ? Little Bear MC3 XLR & RCA Switch https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/little-bear-mc3-xlr-rca-switch-review.45636/
  5. M

Measurements of Gustard P26 Preamplifier

I was looking for a device that could receive balanced XLR from a professional turntable (obviously analog) and give out rca, because of all other devices of my setup. XLR should be necessary, not only phisically because of the source, but also because of hummings that a very low turntable...
  6. M

Thank you all ! By the way, is the Gustard P26 analog or digital amplifier ? With vinyls I would like to preserve the analog "image"... Thx
  7. M

I have the problem to connect an old-but-top-level professional radio broadcast turntable, which outs in XLR only, to a very-good-but-consumer preamp only in RCA. I was thinking of a MC phono preamp which could receive XLR and have an RCA line out... There are any ? This Matchbox seems to do...
  8. M

Using a Topping E30 DAC on a PC with streaming services.

Hi, thank you. Afer many try&nothings, I found that the Audio Control Panel window had many sound units listed: there was theTopping as "other speakers". So I disabled Realtek Speaker, which it looks native on my PC, and enabled the Topping, and sounds arrived in the headphone. But still, the...
  9. M

Using a Topping E30 DAC on a PC with streaming services.

Hi, for me too I do not receive anything. I installed drivers that Topping indicated me for Win7, with ASIO too, DX7 pro+ connected with USB, but it seems that the Topping is not receiving any indication on how to play a WAV file which is on PC... If I play a WAV file with VLC for instance, it...
  10. M

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Good review, as usual, and astonishing measures though ! How is the sound ? somebody has a musical report to give ? Classical, and jazz... :)
  11. M

DAC and headphones for editing classical live digital music recordings on Windows PC

Nothing special, since I am not "building" anything: just 2 channels stereo, and a Wavelab or similar. I have a Z600 PC with 2 double processors Xeon X5650, 24 cores, 32 GB RAM, 64 bit. When I was into the field, '80s of previous century, for complex tasks, I was working with fully equipped...
  12. M

DAC and headphones for editing classical live digital music recordings on Windows PC

Thank you. Yes: your words are the reason I am still looking around. But my need is not in recording, but in editing wav files, to slightly adjust things like halls sonic attitudes or problems, i.e. too dry, fans rumble, inequal resonances equalization etc. So I need a totally "neutral" way to...
  13. M

Hi. Thank you for your X1 indication. I've seen some specifications and user manual: There are many controls to enhance basses and other... It looks like a typical gamers device ;) Is it possibile to have it "neutral", without affecting general sound color ? to say: is it good for editing...
  14. M

Thank you Markanini. Yes, monitor speakers are the usual way... but maybe I was not good in explaining. My line of job has to be light: for instance I do not have an isolated studio, but at home, in the city... that's why headphones could be more useful. I have to be light in recording too: I...
Top Bottom