Recent content by MarylandUSA

1. MarylandUSA

Audirect/Hilidac Beam 2SE Review (Portable Headphone Adapter)

My bad: It DOES use a 9281pro. One large reseller shows it as a 9218 in the specs but Hiludac, the manufacturer, shows the 9281pro on the dongle's page.
  2. MarylandUSA

A master spreadsheet for well-powered, 3.5mm portable DAC-amps with physical controls

I've created this Google Docs spreadsheet to capture the specs of all portable DAC-amps that are USB-powered provide at least 60mW per channel of unbalanced output, and have physical controls. I know I'm not alone in favoring physical controls, and I hope this spreadsheet will be a useful...
  3. MarylandUSA

Hidizs S9 Pro release

Alas, no physical volume controls.
  4. MarylandUSA

Audirect/Hilidac Beam 2SE Review (Portable Headphone Adapter)

Too bad the Beam 2SE doesn't use the 9281pro DAC like its balanced brother, the Beam S2.
  5. MarylandUSA

Measurement&Review of Luxury&Precision W1/W2 Portable USB DAC-Amp

The quoted values are almost certainly for the balanced output. What about unbalanced? Power will be lower.
  6. MarylandUSA

Tascam TH-07 Review (Headphone)

As you can see in my signature block, the Tascam TH-07 would fit in well with the rest of my headphone collection. I've had it on my radar, along with two other missing models: the ATH-M40X and the Senal SMH-1200. But thanks to your review, I'll take a hard pass.
  7. MarylandUSA

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

All my headphones are sensitive. I was going to buy a JDS Labs Objective2 and remove two resistors to turn its 2.5X/6.5X gain into 1X/2.5X. But the company informs me I can buy a 1X/2.5X Atom by asking for those gain settings in my shipping notes. Why on earth don't they mention this option on...
Top Bottom