Recent content by Martin

1. Martin

Live Albums

Billie Eilish Live At Third Man Records Martin
  2. Martin

Anyone Else Buying New Vinyl?

I think vinyls is a millennial thing... I call them LP records or LPs for short.
  3. Martin

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

I like Taylor Swift's new stuff a lot: Martin
  4. Martin

Did You Actually Buy a New Disc Recently?

I buy older titles used on eBay and immediately rip them to FLAC. Cheaper than buying digital. Recent purchases: Donnie Iris - Back On The Streets David Lindley - El Rayo-X Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell and Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell I do like buying the occasional 4K Blu-ray disc too...
  5. Martin

Anyone Else Buying New Vinyl?

I have recently purchased several new vinyl releases. I like that with vinyl I will take the time to sit down and listen to whole albums while reading through liner notes and lyrics. I tend to jump around when listening to digital. My recent purchases: Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever (ships...
  6. Martin

An interesting article on audio gear from wired

Interesting article with some good, some OK and some questionable recommendations. Best advice in the entire article: "Accessories are where the vast majority of audio snake oil shows up. The worst offender? Cables. The first thing to know is that unless you're running speaker cables for...
  7. Martin

Fantastic piece of writing about the "Influencer phenomenon"

Equating "social media influencers" with Elvis Presley's performing is like comparing a chimpanzee throwing their excrement to Beethoven writing his 3rd Symphony.
  8. Martin

Fantastic piece of writing about the "Influencer phenomenon"

Social Media Influencer: 1. There is no such thing as Social Media - so called social media sites exist to collect and disseminate information about their users. 2. Influencers are nothing more than vacuous camwhores exemplifying everything that is wrong with society today.
  9. Martin

Topping EX5

Still waiting for something like this with a set of balanced analog inputs... Come on DX9 / EX9. Martin
  10. Martin

Tonewinner amps

Tonewinner makes the Emotiva stuff. I'd love to see the AT-300 pre/pro tested. https://summithifiusa.com/collections/tonewinner Martin
  11. Martin

Which Song would you want to go Deaf On?

Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven
  12. Martin

The New King?

@S34MH1 needs to update the first post to identify the DAC as the Topping D90SE. :) Martin
  13. Martin

Big Tech. A serious issue that needs to be addressed.

I'll add: 3) do not post anything online that you do not want your parents, future employer, future spouse or future children to find. Martin
  14. Martin

Big Tech. A serious issue that needs to be addressed.

Forget Google, Facebook et al, everything you buy with a credit or debit card is tracked. Unless you use cash for all your purchases or prepaid credit cards purchased with cash they already know your buying habits. It’s too late. All we can do now is damage control. Also, every post on a public...
Top Bottom