Recent content by Marmus

1. M

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

Amir. You should have any who may post here read Kahnaman's thinking fast/slow. Actually a simple read. Using those measurement methods he earned a Nobel in (economic) decision making. Also should read Diana Vaugn's version of Challenger disaster,a socialization problem (of course other things...
  2. M

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Not a power product. Only good for lawsuits.
  3. M

Pet rocks. We're not even supposed to do anything. Made a fortune.
  4. M

Manufacturers use various amounts of glass fibers and other fillers to modify the properties of the plastics, typical is various % fill of glass fiber I. Nylon for varying stiffness etc. Carbon fillers for blackness is common. Also fillers for rfi/emi etc too. This thing does not conduct...
  5. M

Recoton RCA Cable Review (Ultra Cheap Cable)

Thank you for the info. I did pitch 50ft of clear Monster wire too. It was really bad as you described.
  6. M

Recoton RCA Cable Review (Ultra Cheap Cable)

High use like Amir's prevents connection corrosion but promotes various stress issues which makes total sense. In my systems the connectors often stay for years, BUT when I have removed them, or grabbed some from the wire drawer YEARS later I have seen massive corrosion inside the connectors...
  7. M

Carver M-1.5t Review (Vintage Amp)

Thanks for the mosfet correction, I did look in there and saw they were different PN's and the stamp on the back, upper right (outside) clearly said where they were each made. I just never noticed until he said that. Was a telecon from him which was nice. They are in boxes now like other large...
  8. M

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

I recently also bought a Sabaj stack dac hpa and 100w amp AND those $9 Sony headphone he eq'd. Nice counter point to all the other stuf. All this site's fault & solderdude. And more Grados cuz I could not believe the massive griping. Ok now I believe. All VERY FUN indeed. Thanks for all the...
  9. M

BTW had mine refurbished by a factory tech (long time ago) he notice one was made in Mexico, one in...across ocean anyway and said the mosfets were different specs.
  10. M

I have a couple 555s was thinking of turning back on. Would love to see modern measurements.
  11. M

Why is noise louder at night?

That was tuned to 93MHZ and resolving audio level noise.
  12. M

Why is noise louder at night?

Several years ago I did some testing over a three year period of electrical noise in an urban environment. Used both a magnetometer that could resolve 10microT and an antenna system I could pick up light switching g in nearby homes. Purpose was to discriminate meteor plasma trail reflections of...
  13. M

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Past year has been all headphone stuff from info (and a Grado lead to the mod people). Bought Topping A50s, D50s, Schiit Loki+, and to hear it all HD6xx and Elex. Then I built a Symphones V9 set after buying a Grado 80 just to check out the sound for myself. Most jazz, blues, some old rock. And...
  14. M

Perceptual Effects of Room Reflections

Very interesting, and brave. How does it sound? And have you ever just once done a spectrum analysis in there?
  15. M

Perceptual Effects of Room Reflections

What you are saying makes total sense. When I think of analytical, headphone or anechoic chamber, and an acoustic space as a properly treated room to not color the sound (least) but get clear instruments and placement in 3D with speakers not appearing to be emitting sound. It is like having the...
Top Bottom