Recent content by MarkS

1. MarkS

A hopeless room & sound

IMO, people here worry WAY too much about ideal room set-up. My set-up is very far from ideal (larger paneled glass window behind the speakers, listening position against the real wall), but it still sounds excellent to me (and I've heard a lot of systems over the years). But room EQ for the...
  2. MarkS

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I'm not personally familiar with the A07. Some stereo amps are "bridgeable" and can be run with full power as mono amps, I don't know if the A07 is or not. But, as I've been trying to convince you, you're overthinking this. Any amp is fine, all will be soncially identical. Get a UMIK1 and learn...
  3. MarkS

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Pre-amps sound the same too. Try your own blind listening test if you don't believe it. You will need a friend to switch the two (or more) preamps under test, and to adjust the volume according to your verbal instructions (louder, quieter). Volume should start at a randomly selected level with...
  4. MarkS

What's your opinion on opamp vs discrete? Liquid Spark description made me wondering.

LOL! This should be the truth-in-advertising motto of most of "high end" audio ...
  5. MarkS

What's your opinion on opamp vs discrete? Liquid Spark description made me wondering.

Can you cite examples of DACs that have this issue (which I've never heard of before ...)?
  6. MarkS

Audiophilia and its discontents

Did JGH (in whose ears we trust) say this BEFORE or AFTER seeing the measurements? If he actually HEARD the "subtle hissing edge" and the "deficiency of airiness" BEFORE knowing about the 12kHz peak and subsequent rapid falloff that the measurements revealed, then that's really excellent and...
  7. MarkS

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Really. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-apple-vs-google-usb-c-headphone-adapters.5541/#post-123461 Once you understand that modern electronics are all essentially perfect, you will save a lot of money with no sacrifice in sound quality. But you have to have...
  8. MarkS

Revel M16 Speaker Review

DACs also don't have sound signatures ...
  9. MarkS

Revel M16 Speaker Review

A scam on the internet! Unthinkable!!! Are these the same ones who hear dramatic differences in cases where it is absolutely physically impossible (eg power cords)? Even the most experienced listeners strain to hear differences in electronics under blind conditions, and most often cannot...
  10. MarkS

Speaker survey

Yes, someone mistakenly put JBL as the maker of their LS50's, but the linked review is to the KEF LS50's.
  11. MarkS

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Surely you understand that doing amp comparisons over the internet has no validity? Do it in real life, and you will see just how impossible it is to tell a difference.
  12. MarkS

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Amps "fitting" speakers is not a thing, unless one or both of them is badly designed. And all amps/DACs/etc sound the same in any normal home-listening situation (and even well beyond). So I would buy the cheapest amp/receiver that has the inputs/features that I want/need. The Arcam or Rotel...
  13. MarkS

Speaker survey

Just added mine (GoldenEar Triton 7's). And yes I'm satisfied with them. Indeed, only one entry on the spreadsheet notes dissatisfaction!
  14. MarkS

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

Robert Plant looks like he's thinking "we did it so much better ..."
  15. MarkS

Audiophilia and its discontents

OK, fine. But I prefer to teach a man to fish. What the dude likes is a big dip at 2kHz: Many people like such a dip. My Lyngdorf amp comes with chooseable "voicings" that have similar dips, and I have made up some of my own too (I like my dip a bit broader, and closer to 3kHz). Nothing...
Top Bottom