Recent content by Marcus Aseth

1. M

noob question about house curve

I did some listening with and without that 6dB Gain filter at 600Hz, and the crazy thing was that in a certain song with that filter active I could hear a second voice singing that wasn't audible before xD I've also decreased the HS filter to only -1,20dB, sounds good now I think I might be...
  2. M

Question: how many filters is too many filters? Right now my EQ is using 19, but on a youtube comment someone said the less you use the better because they add distortion in the time domain... what does that means? is 19 acceptable?
  3. M

since post #49 I'm doing 3 measurements (center of the listening position, 10cm to the left and 10cm to the right) then EQing on the average, should be good enough, right? Also still thinking to the question/image in post #50 if I should for example EQ at 37 Hz and in the bass region in general...
  4. M

I've went ahead and tried the 3 filter shown above, except I've changed the LP1 filter for an High Shelf, this is the measured result: This should be good right? The only question left is if I should leave it like this or add 3-4 filters to the low region to make it more smooth, let me know...
  5. M

Nevermind, I ended up doing it today lol So indeed you where correct, I've removed the corrections 1500Hz and above from the EQ, took multiple measurements, averaged, this is the result: there where no problems in the high end after all :D So I have 2 questions about this, I feel like the...
  6. M

the readings are very low and in the left bottom corner of the graph despite being 75dB... nevermind, I don't think this is worth the bother/struggle to figure it out, I would rather take 9 separate measurements then average xD But I leave it to tomorrow :)
  7. M

the video at that link is outdated, REW interface doesn't have a record button Edit: nevermind, is under RTA, I was in the wrong tab
  8. M

it sounds great honestly, the bass where never this good :D although, I had ended up EQing those high frequencies x_x to make sure I haven't messed up, I need a moving mic measurement, right? How do I do that from REW?
  9. M

After EQ, I've ended up with this... how bad is it? :\
  10. M

I've added a LS6dB filter at 100Hz with a 6dB Gain, is that the right frequency? Given a flat frequency, usually at which frequency do people place the Low Shelf filter? Up to 200 maybe?
  11. M

Ok guys, I've let REW EQ from 20 to 500 Hz, and this is what I got now: Was the target I used to EQ too low? I was trying to minimize that abyss at 650Hz... If this is ok, what should I do next? Should I have REW EQ the mountain between 1k and 2k? Should I do a "manual" filter pass to make...
  12. M

so the choice is between this 2 below. microphone standing on the listening position, a single sweep mesurement from REW. Ok guys, I've narrowed it down to this 2 charts below, the only difference is the Phase of the subwoofer, the cyan line is Phase 60° while the red line is Phase 90°...
  13. M

I'm a simple gamer xD This is only about music enjoyment, although I tend to fixate on things until I get them right lol
  14. M

Hey guys, did some measurements with the desk at different distances from the back wall, can you doublecheck them? (file attached below) I think the one called "L+R 1.07m from wall" is the best one, do you agree? Although the best RT60 is probably 1.37m from wall measurement
  15. M

Also maybe I should share more info about the room, just in case there is something horribly wrong to be spotted in it So basically some months ago I had attempted to treat this room in a DIY fashion, my brother had some spare rockwool so I've made 6 acoustic panels, they are 120cm x 60cm x 16cm...
Top Bottom