Recent content by MCH

1. M

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Of them all, I always wonder what Hendrix would have done. I think he didn't really like his Experience albums, and his later work with Buddy Miles is amazing. The projects with Miles Davis that never happened, the 70s kicking in.... Most interesting stuff, but I have the impression that it...
  2. M

Smart Plugs

If you can solder and feel confident messing with mains voltage, you can go the DIY route with a relay and an ESP32. You can make your own web server to your liking and access via your web browser from any device. There are plenty of instructables online and isn't difficult. This is how mine...
  3. M

"Small form factor" modular multichannel TPA3255 amp build

i decided that i am going to go for the relays to avoid power off pop, the reason is the following: On the contrary to the Denon AVR, none of the popular recent TPA3255 that I know uses a relay to mute the speakers, not even the TI eval board uses one, and many uses report a more or less...
  4. M

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Two out of two reviewers sharing power supply between two amps with a Y cable that have a noise issue. I hope it is not the below or they will have to come with some sort of active splitter. I will be curious to see what solution they come with, maybe some sort of filter to tame the PWM power...
  5. M

Audio Interface from USB to AES XLR (per channel)

Yes, but maybe he can route the audio in software so that one audio channel goes to udio channels 1-2 and the other to udio channels 3-4. Camilladsp for instance can do it. (But to be honest I am not sure this is what he needs)
  6. M

Audio Interface from USB to AES XLR (per channel)

I think AES, like spdif, always carries two channels. But if you need two aes carrying each one channel, you could get a USB to 4 or more channels spdif or AES and just duplicate or route the channels you need to two different outputs, or mute the channel you don't need. (i.e. R duplicated to...
  7. M

Interesting piece of information that answers the questions I had not covered by TI eval board documentation: the service manual of the Denon Heos AVR that uses 3 TPA3251 for LR, C and rear channels. In between other things one can find in the schematics: How to wire the master slave pins -...
  8. M

9 Channel 3E Audio Amp(s) project

Cool project, please keep us posted. I recommend you to read this: https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slaa787/slaa787.pdf?ts=1713359668373&ref_url=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.ti.com%252Fproduct%252FTPA3255 I believe the 3e modules have all necessary pins exposed, what is excellent.
  9. M

Too many inductors for a single chip :) And did you have the chance to follow those two resistors when you looked inside?
  10. M

hey @mcdn i need your help. As mentioned in the previous post, i want to find out what is the best way to connect the oscillator pins (pins 9 and 10) between chips for master/slave mode. This is something that the TI documentation does not cover (or maybe they are suggesting not to use any...
  11. M

seems that it was something a bit more mundane than that. Last week i received this from Aliexpress: And after receiving this email, all "Nakamichi" connectors in Aliexpress had suddenly disappeared or changed names. My thoughts are will the poor guy who needed to scrap the paint of all the...
  12. M

Made some advances, and i think i am almost ready to lay down the traces (changes will be more difficult after that). I implemented the in-rush current limiter circuit discussed above. It will be optional: will leave the footprints at the bottom side that i will populate only if necessary. In...
  13. M

If you are going to be using the amps to the limit of their power, thermal behaviour is going to become very relevant, and in this scenario mono implementation has an important advantage, for obvious reasons.
Top Bottom