Recent content by marble

1. M

Measurements of Gustard P26 Preamplifier

Hi, this (Gustard P26) or SPL Volume 2 ? I have no need for remote control and multiple inputs, only good volume control with balanced input/output. Secondly, I am not totaly sold on multiple discrete relays for volume control .... Your opinion about that ? Thanks !
  2. M

Gustard X12

Hi all, Does anyone have some experience or feedback regarding Gustard X12 ? I recently acquired this DAC and there is not much information regarding performance and measurements of it. It is based on Sabre ES9018S with an Xmos (U8 ?) on a USB daughter board. I am using it with USB and XLR...
  3. M

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Thanks Marc v E. Not an iPad but a Sony Android tablet running USB Audio Payer Pro
  4. M

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Hello, I was thinking lately about simplifying my audio chain. Currently, I am using a tablet with USBAPP feeding RME Adi 2 Dac FS and then into my integrated amplifier (volume is set from the amp) I am experiencing some dropouts with the tablet (maybe something conflicting with USB Audio Player...
  5. M

Technics SB-C700 Review (Coaxial Bookshelf)

Great ! I was wishing a TOTL power amplifier of those brands... there is not much to see nowadays (mostly integrated at decent price). There is much more going with older stuff. In the past, I collected nice integrated gear : Yamaha AX-1090, Technics SU-8077 among others... I was thinking of a...
  6. M

I agree plenty on that. I've heard the LS50 a lot and some other bookshelf speakers in the past (KEF XQ20 was my favorite, very good, better than LS50...I was dumb to sell them). The Technics are so good that I am thinking of pairing them with something more classic than my class D Icepowered...
  7. M

Purifi vs Hypex vs ICEPower

Hi, I recently acquired an used dual ICEPower 200ASC. It was on the cheap side... And then I saw the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC XLR with Hypex Ncore NC252MP. Not sure if it is insane or not to pull the trigger, again. BTW, price is about the same for both. And I always wanted SOTA for my amps...
  8. M

Thanks for your input ! I decided myself for Class D poweramp + pre. But there are good Class AB integrated amps out there !
  9. M

Hi, Yes, I am about to receive a ROTEL RB-1072 which is basically two IcePower 200ASC modules in one box, although a good construction one. Then RME ADI-2 Dac (if I manage to get a hold on a used one - or Topping D90 and SMSL equivalents if I can't).
  10. M

Yes, after much reading, I am going the down the Class D route... within my budget. As I was thinking purchasing anyway a DAC, I am leaning toward pre/amp combo with a good dac as preamp. And to avoid any nonsense, I was thinking of a RME ADI-2 DAC as a preamp... and some Icepower poweramp to...
  11. M

Topping D90 and RME ADI-2 FS

Hi ! all in all, which one (D90 or RME ADI-2 DAC FS) would be the better option as a preamp for demanding power amplifier options ? I know many experienced very very good results with RME... to not say the least.
  12. M

Thanks for your recommandation ! Any opinion regarding classic AB integrated amplifiers NAD M3, Yamaha A-S2100 or Marantz PM-16 ?
  13. M

Hi all, I recently acquired those great loudspeakers as I had some regrets selling my KEF XQ20 years ago. I was lost for 3 years in Devialet land (maybe I will miss the bass but it was by no means Hifi so I am not regretting selling my Phantom Silver) and I am wondering which sub 1k $ amplifier...
Top Bottom